- Team: Support
- New York, NY
- Full-time: Core hours are 10-6pm, Monday-Friday, some
out-of-hours work is required on a rota basis, 6pm-9pm
- Expected Start Date: September 2021
SPEKTRIX is a growing collection
of creative problem solvers, arts lovers and tech enthusiasts
working to help arts and cultural organizations achieve their
ambitions to connect and deepen relationships with their audiences.
We’re doing this through a combination of cloud-based software and
consultative customer support that empowers cultural organizations
to grow revenue, increase efficiency, and build stronger
relationships with audiences. We are always looking for new ways to
approach problems, share knowledge, and better serve the
organizations we work with. You’d be joining a team of over 120,
based across our New York, London and Manchester offices and
working with over 500 cultural organizations in the United States,
Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland. At Spektrix, we know
that many arts and entertainment organizations don’t just sell
tickets, they often rely on significant revenue from fundraising.
That’s why Spektrix integrates fundraising, marketing, and
ticketing functionality in one CRM system. We also know that
our technology can’t get it done alone, our clients rely on the
Support and Client Success teams for expert advice to help execute
and refine their strategies successfully. The role We’re looking
for someone who is excited by the chance to change the way that
fundraisers in the arts and entertainment sectors use data and
software for the better. Fundraising Specialists help
Spektrix clients to get the most out of their data and the Spektrix
system tools. As a Fundraising
you will be a part of the Global
Fundraising Team who is responsible for ensuring that Spektrix
delivers sector-leading tools and expertise, as well as the highest
quality practical and consultative support, to fundraisers across
the globe. In this role, the majority of your time will be
spent focused on working with North American clients’ Development
teams. From working strategically with clients on
revenue-generating fundraising projects to onboarding new
Fundraising Spektrix users, to leading virtual training sessions
and events, your fundraising know-how will benefit clients far and
wide. Alongside your fundraising-focused work, you’ll
be advising on marketing strategies, training clients in person and
online, solving client queries on phone calls and emails, and
helping clients analyze their data. You’ll be part of a team that
is accountable for developing long-term, effective relationships
with all our clients. Your main
responsibilities will include:
- Driving forward short-, medium- and long-term projects to
inspire best practice, educate fundraisers, and help arts and
entertainment organizations to maximize development income with
- Setting agreed-on milestones and deliverables designed to
improve clients’ fundraising practices for the long term
- Demonstrating the benefits of the fundraising tools in Spektrix
to new and existing clients to build positive ongoing
- Helping to prepare and deliver events for fundraisers (eg.
- Handling queries from fundraisers to offer comprehensive
answers, and advising other team members on how to answer general
- Delivering fundraising system training for new and existing
- Advise and mentor Spektrix colleagues on great fundraising
practice and how best to support fundraisers’ objectives.
- Ensuring that any suggestions for improvements to the software
are fed back effectively and contributing to product improvement
- Proactively working with arts and entertainment organizations
to ensure that they are using the tools provided by Spektrix, and
our Partners, to best effect in order to develop their audiences,
grow their donations and sales and streamline their business.
- Managing relationships with clients to proactively support
client success and retention.
- Providing on-site, over-the-phone, and remote video call
training and support in topics across the Spektrix system
- Creating bespoke reports for our clients.
- Experience working in a fundraising role or working closely
with fundraisers in any sector.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills which can be
displayed in person, over the phone, and in writing.
- An ability to apply existing skills and knowledge to solve new
and complex problems.
- Strong analytical skills including a working knowledge of
- Time management and prioritization skills to set you up for
working to tight deadlines.
- A willingness to contribute to the overall development of the
company, taking on responsibility or additional duties that may
fall outside the general duties listed above.
Remote Working Policy
- Generous paid time off policy
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- A matched 401(k)
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- 2 volunteering days per year
- Sabbatical for long service
- Snacks and hot & cold drinks (when in the office)
- Regular socials (currently virtual)
Our offices are currently
only open part time due to the Covid-19 pandemic through to
September 2021. When it’s safe to do so, we will fully reopen our
offices and adopt a hybrid work model. We are still working out
exactly how this will work but for now we are asking people to
assume around 20% of their time will be in one of our offices.
This means you will need a solid working from home setup.
We’ll provide reasonable support and all the hardware you need to
get started, but we do require that you have the following already
At Spektrix, we know that there's no such thing as a
- A quiet working space at home
- An internet connection that supports your participation in
video calls and access to our systems and services
Every individual brings unique
lived and work experience and their own perspective, which rarely
if ever maps exactly to a job description or set of criteria.
That’s why we want to hear from you if this role excites you (and
you feel you could be a good match) even if you don’t feel you meet
100% of the criteria. Spektrix is committed to
creating an inclusive work environment, where our team members are
supported in expressing themselves and delivering their best work.
So whoever you are, and whatever experience you can bring, please
apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into
work every day. The diversity of our team is hugely
important to our working environment as it enables both individuals
and Spektrix to thrive. By valuing each person’s differences we
encourage everyone to contribute their unique experiences,
strengths and viewpoints. We are taking
active steps to build
a workforce that reflects the
diversity of the communities we serve and work in. We aim to
reflect this diversity in all departments and at all levels of
seniority in the business, right up to the board. Spektrix
is an equal opportunities employer. We recruit regardless of race,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodivergence, or
disability status and look to employ from a wide range of
backgrounds and experiences.