MCD envisions a world in which all people have access to high
quality and enduring solutions to improve and maintain their health
MCD aspires to be a premier partner of choice and an
internationally recognized leader, innovator, and trusted partner
in applied, cross-national public health solutions.
MCD's mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of people
worldwide through enduring, high quality, cost-effective and
universally accessible public health solutions.
We are looking to bring on board an Executive Assistant (EA) to
support the office of the CEO and President as well as serve as the
Assistant Secretary to MCD’s Board of Directors.
In this role, he or she provides comprehensive executive,
strategic, business development, administrative and special
projects support in a one-on-one working relationship with the
CEO/President, and in close coordination with MCD’s Executive
Management Team (ET). The EA serves as a primary point of contact
for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining
to the President, ensuring effective communication, coordination,
and timely accomplishment of commitments. He or she serve as a
primary liaison and support to the Board of Directors and the ET,
serving as the Assistant Secretary to the MCD Board of Directors,
and the Secretary for the ET. This role reports directly to
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing
international public health organization.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (business administration;
management, public health, English, communications, or other
similar field) is required;
- At least five years of relevant work experience in senior level
administrative or programmatic management preferably in the
non-profit public health sector.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software (particularly
Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Proficiency in project planning
software (e.g. MS Project, Proofhub, WorkZone, Smartsheets, etc.),
and project / work flow management software (e.g. JIRA, Pivotal
Tracker, Binfire, etc) a distinct advantage.
- Emotional maturity, strong interpersonal skills, team player,
and a high degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups
of people including board members, senior executive staff and
external partners and donors.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and
perform multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail, and
ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
- High level of productivity and ability to meet deadlines in a
- Ability to accurately take and follow instructions, work
independently when required while knowing when to seek
clarification and support.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with
discretion and demonstrate a high level of customer/client service
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Prior experience supporting non-profit C-Level Executives and
boards of directors preferred.
- Oral and written French and/or Spanish is a plus.
Position Type: Full Time
Augusta, Maine or full-time remote
An updated CV and cover letter (including salary expectations)
is required and should be sent via email to: email@example.com.
Please include title and job reference number MCD-220 when
submitting an application.
Position will be open until filled.