EFL Associates has been retained to assist in the search for a
Senior Vice President, Administration and Chief Operating Officer
(“COO”) for our client, the Kansas University Endowment
Association. This independent nonprofit organization partners with
donors in providing philanthropic support to build a greater
University of Kansas.
Credentials We Seek:
- 10+ years of experience leading and managing complex work
streams in public, nonprofit, and/or for-profit sectors.
- 10+ years of financial leadership experience at the staff or
- Experience managing multiple functions.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a team of
competent professionals, including leading relevant functional
areas without subject matter expertise.
- Highly effective communication, interpersonal, and project
- Experience working in philanthropy, especially with a
- Experience leading the functions of accounting, human
resources, and information services.
- Relevant advanced degree(s) and certifications, especially the
- Previous background working with a board of trustees, or
Responsibilities: The COO will be responsible
for directing administrative activities, including the accounting,
human resources, information systems, loan and scholarship
administration, and document imaging programs. The COO will develop
and oversee the organization’s annual operating budget and cash
flow projections of unrestricted sources.
Organizational Structure: The COO will report
directly to the president and will oversee various departments,
which include 46 employees.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to
Mari Kerwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicant interest is appreciated. Following a review of
prospective candidate’s qualifications and background, EFL
Associates will follow up with candidates who most closely match
the position specifications.
EFL Associates is assisting the Kansas University Endowment
Association with this important search. All calls and inquiries
should be made through the search firm.