About ASHP - Do you thrive on innovation and
change? Join our collective voice on issues related to
medication use and public health. Engage with colleagues in
an environment where we value different backgrounds and
perspectives of all employees and strongly believe in the
principles of inclusion. We are seeking a talented,
detail-oriented Corporate Relations Specialist to join our dynamic
Foundation. As the philanthropic arm of ASHP, the Foundation
supports ASHP by advancing the professional practice of pharmacists
and the pharmacy workforce by funding research and education that
improves health outcomes through optimal, safe and effective
medication use. In this important role, you will be a part of
an award winning, collaborative and mission-driven
organization. Our generous benefits, competitive wages and
meaningful work are what makes ASHP an exciting and rewarding place
Job Title: Corporate Relations Specialist
Reports to: Vice President for Development
Job Summary: The Corporate Relations
Specialist is responsible for supporting all aspects of the ASHP
Foundation’s corporate relations and fundraising initiatives,
including the Corporate Partners Program, corporate prospect
research, corporate proposals, corporate prospecting email
campaigns, corporate grants, and grant applications on corporate
and philanthropic organization websites.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing successful
corporate proposals, correspondence, and compelling case materials
for corporate proposals and grants.
- Identifies and pursues grant/funding sources through web-based
grant and philanthropic portals. Develop leads and conducts
background research data gathering. Prepares grant proposals and
assumes responsibility for timely transmission to granting
organization. Manages the ASHP Foundation database to protect and
update online password/access system for these philanthropic
portals. Prepares grant reconciliations and final reports as
needed for submission to corporate supporters.
- Assumes the primary responsibility for coordinating all
corporate membership program donation requests through
corporate/philanthropic organization's web-based grant portals and
works with the program staff to submit online program grant
- Tracks and reports corporate fundraising metrics through
detailed weekly and monthly reports.
- Manages the activities of the Corporate Partners Program,
including in-person meetings, webinars, Corporate eNewletters, and
- Creates collateral and briefing materials to assist CEO, Vice
President for Development, Vice President for Research &
Education, and Board members in their face-to-face asks when
meeting with potential corporate supporters.
- Become well-versed in email distribution system and website
content management system.
- Periodic travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of three years of professional work experience in
corporate relations and/or corporate fundraising.
- Corporate relations experience in developing and managing
corporate relationships, fundraising campaigns, and successful
grant submissions, including grant reconciliations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal
and written. Strong persuasive writing and creative thinking
skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both
written and verbally, with individual donors.
- Experienced project management skills, with demonstrated
success in organizing work, meeting strict deadlines, and setting
- Strong data analysis skills and experience working with donor
databases. Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking
- Ability to maintain highly sensitive and confidential donor
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Computer literacy, including experience and proficiency with
database and office productivity software. Working knowledge of
Microsoft Office Suite and donor databases.
- Ability to synthesize and produce reports, issue briefs,
background papers, etc.
- Knowledge of healthcare or pharmacy a plus.
- ASHP has adopted many policies to keep staff safe during the
COVID-19 pandemic including a mandatory vaccination