The MU Office of Advancement has an exciting opportunity available
with the Regional Advancement team. The Director of Advancement
will join an enthusiastic and energetic team that is committed to
major gift fundraising by geographic territory for the University
of Missouri. To complete fundraising work for this team extensive
out-of-state travel is required, with up to 50% of their time
traveling on three to five-day overnight trips. This motivated
individual will focus on securing major and planned gifts and is
expected to have a high level of productivity with regard to the
number of contacts, visits, proposals and dollars raised.
This person will work collaboratively with Advancement colleagues
in the schools, colleges and programs across campus and remain
donor centered in their work. This is a non-supervisory
position based in Columbia, Missouri, and will report to the
Interim Assistant Executive Director of Regional Advancement and
- Identify, evaluate, cultivate, solicit, and steward
prospective, current and past donors through personal visits, as
well as, various direct communication.
- Responsible for fostering meaningful relationships and
cultivating and soliciting $50,000 gifts and higher. Approximate
annual metrics for Director level position are as follows:
Minimum $1M raised
12-18 proposals presented; 7-15 closed
100-150 substantive visits (20-50 evaluation visits)
125-200 substantive contacts
- Draft and complete solicitation appeals/proposals and
accompanying letters and materials.
- Successfully manage a portfolio of 60-100 individual donors,
strategically moving them through the process.
- Responsible for contacting donors to request visits and
coordinate meeting arrangements.
- Coordinate individual travel and manage travel budget and
- Effectively utilize ADVANCE database for research, reports and
to record activity and other relevant data in a timely
- Assist with and participate in donor activities and events both
on campus and in respective territory.
- Work collaboratively across campus with unit Advancement
colleagues, deans, faculty and staff, as well as, central
Advancement colleagues in Planned Giving, Donor Relations, Mizzou
Alumni Association, Mizzou Annual Fund, and Corporate and
- Provide input and leadership in the development and
implementation of advancement goals and objectives, and assure
alignment with University priorities, mission, vision and
- Seek out and engage in professional development opportunities
to increase skills and knowledge of fundraising.
- Participate in Advancement staff meetings, prospect strategy
meetings, case management, annual planning, and regular check ins
about progress toward goals.
- Assist with training new staff through joint travel and