The president of Texas A&M University-Commerce
invites inquiries and nominations for the position of Vice
President for Philanthropy and Engagement.
A&M-Commerce is a proud member of The Texas
A&M University System. Located just east of Dallas,
A&M-Commerce offers 130 affordable degree programs and serves
11,624 students. The university transforms lives through its
mission to “Educate. Discover. Achieve.”
Students work with world-class professors who
dedicate themselves to excellence in teaching and research. The
university maintains strong relationships with local industries to
create relevant academic programs and valuable internship and
networking opportunities that prepare career-ready graduates.
PHILANTHROPY AND ENGAGEMENT DIVISION
The Philanthropy and Engagement Division generates
public and private support for the university community, helping
alumni and friends
- create personal legacies;
- stay informed, involved and invested in A&M-Commerce;
- and establish strong personal connections with the university
The philanthropy and engagement team is inspired by a
deep appreciation for the generosity of donors and their heart for
A&M-Commerce. The team recognizes that every donation-no matter
the amount-makes an immeasurable impact and will pay repeated
dividends in the successful lives and accomplishments of our
For more information about the
position: Job Prospectus - Vice
President for Philanthropy and Engagement | Texas A&M
For fullest consideration, candidate
materials should be received by September 20, 2021 via
the university employment
During the application process the “My
” page has a section provided “Attachments
(Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)
” to upload
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the
maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the
Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded
Please provide the following documents:
- Letter of interest addressing the themes in the profile.
- Five professional references with complete contact information
(Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application.
Official transcripts are required at time of verbal
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the
responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the
transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential
Please do not withdraw your application in
an attempt to upload a missing document. If you need assistance
with this or any other matters, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Vice President for Philanthropy & Engagement
provides vision and strategic leadership in directing all
fundraising for Texas A&M University-Commerce. Fosters a
culture of philanthropy within the organization to increase on
going private and public sector financial support benefiting the
University, its students, employees and the foundation.
- Provides leadership necessary to develop and maintain
integrated comprehensive internal and external philanthropy and
engagement activities for the University. Fund raising activities
include but are not limited to annual giving, major gifts,
corporate giving, foundation giving, planned giving, special events
fundraising, campaigns and related programs.
- Leads staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy and
alumni engagement within the organization.
- Plans, coordinates and assures implementation of strategies to
develop donors and contributions to support the University.
- Assures development and maintenance of philanthropy and
operations including but not limited to volunteer and donor
management, alumni engagement, research and cultivation, gift
processing and stewardship.
- Maintains accountability and compliance standards for donors
and funding sources.
- Keeps informed of developments in philanthropy and engagement;
informs the President, executive committees, Foundation Board, and
Alumni Board of current trends, issues, problems and activities in
order to facilitate policy making. Recommends policy positions
concerning philanthropy and engagement.
- Helps develop a balanced funding mix of donor sources and
solicitation programs tailored to the needs of the organization
that will enable it to attract, retain and motivate donors and
fundraising volunteers in alignment with the University Strategic
- Helps establish performance measures, monitors results and
helps the President and Foundation Board evaluate the effectiveness
of the organization’s philanthropy and engagement program.
- Serves as chief administrative officer of the Division of
Philanthropy and Engagement, which includes its oversight,
evaluation, and leadership.
- Supports the Foundation by serving as ex officio Executive
- Monitors Foundation endowment account balances and approves
- Serves as the liaison to all campus campaigns and fundraising
committees as well as the Foundation Board and any other entities
that are established in relation to university advancement
- Regularly attends and participates in university-wide
- Responsible for achieving all performance goals outlined by the
President/CEO regarding this position.
- Ability to travel (approximately 30% of time is spent out of
the office. Includes air travel and overnight stays.) Ability to
multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to
prioritize. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain
confidentiality. Ability to work both independently and
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years related
experience (OR equivalent combination of education and
experience such as Master’s and eight (8) years of related
experience, or a Doctorate and six (6) years of related
- Knowledge / Skills: Proven record of
leadership and accomplishment in the field of development. Track
record of fundraising success, especially in major gift development
and solicitations. Demonstrated experience in marketing, persuasive
writing, working directly with volunteers and personal
correspondence with donors. Demonstrated understanding of
relational fundraising and skill to convincingly articulate needs
and goals that motivate potential donors to make gifts. Aptitude
and willingness to help build and lead an effective advancement
program. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent
presentation skills. Strong work ethic, personal integrity and
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid
driver’s license required.
Advanced degree (Master’s or Doctorate) or
certification in an appropriate area of specialization. Higher
education fundraising experience. Capital campaign experience.
Database application experience using Raiser’s Edge. Bilingual
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Executive Director of Philanthropy Operations
Senior Director of Principal Giving
Senior Philanthropic Advisor –Dallas
Executive Director of Alumni Engagement
Director of Alumni Engagement
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants
are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is
contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials
and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures,
including the completion of the criminal history check.
Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.