The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit (Federation) is
seeking a Fundraiser to join our world-class Philanthropic
Advancement Team. The Fundraiser will work on the annual
Campaign and Endowments to support community needs both locally and
For a dynamic and community-minded individual with a passion for
fundraising, the Fundraiser role offers the opportunity to make a
meaningful difference in the lives of individuals across Jewish
Detroit and beyond. The impact of this work directly
strengthens our local and internals Jewish communities, as well as
providing purpose and connection to our community supporters.
About the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan
For over one hundred years, the Detroit Jewish community has
maintained a legacy of extraordinary strength, cohesion and
vibrancy. To this day, we stand among the most generous and
committed communities to be found anywhere.
The Jewish Federation is the leader for philanthropy and
engagement across Jewish Detroit. We are a community-driven
organization committed to taking care of the needs of the Jewish
People and building a vibrant Jewish future, In Metropolitan
Detroit, in Israel and around the world.
Core Job Functions
- Solicit and close gifts for the Annual Campaign and Jewish
Community Endowment Fund.
- Cultivate donor relationships to increase engagement and
investment in Federation.
- Steward a portfolio of mid-range donors by building rapport,
credibility and trust.
- Proactively connect with existing donors to foster a good
- Invite donors to Federation and community events that meets
specific donors’ interests.
- Achieve fundraising goals.
- Articulate a case for giving to Federation and exhibit a
commitment to Federation’s mission.
- Perform donor research to analyze historic patterns of
- Find creative and innovative ways to cultivate new donors.
- Grow existing donors giving levels.
Knowledge, Abilities and Attributes
- An undergraduate degree.
- Dynamic, people-oriented individual with excellent
- Minimum of two (2) years of related fundraising
- Proven track record of success in donor stewardship and
- Strong personal drive, independence and initiative.
- Excellent judgement and discretion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player and
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates the utmost professionalism and integrity.
- Understanding of Jewish values and belief in the Federation’s
Click to apply: https://jfmd.applytojob.com/apply/uj2WIrCVHt/Fundraiser