The Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for
Sarasota Memorial Healthcare Foundation's overall financial and
operational management, and contributing to the development of the
organization's strategic goals, as well as, will be charged with
developing and implementing policies and procedures, both in the
finance and general operational realms of accounting, compliance
administration, granting and gift processing functions of the
Healthcare Foundation in accordance with state and federal
- Require a Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or
finance. A Master’s in business administration is preferred.
- Require a minimum seven (7) years of experience with at least
three (3) years in a management role, ideally with both external
audit and in-house financial management experience with an emphasis
in non-profit accounting and operations.
- Prefer Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential.
- Prefer experience as an employee in a nonprofit organization with
familiarity in nonprofit finance and accounting regulations.
- Prefer excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Prefer entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Prefer superior management skills; ability to influence and
engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Prefer exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation
- Prefer proficiency in Microsoft Office, and preferred experience
in Financial Edge and/or Raiser’s Edge.