The Senior Advisor, Partnerships Development will support the
design, articulation and implementation of a whole of agency
resource mobilization plan to develop new philanthropic
opportunities and bring new, private sector corporate and
foundation partners to the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide dynamic and innovative leadership for USA for UNHCR’s
private sector fundraising efforts, supporting the development of a
corporate and foundation pipeline, fundraising and stewardship
program that supports short- and long-term goals with existing and
new philanthropic opportunities.
• Manage the direct solicitation of private sector partners and the
pipeline planning and development of a large portfolio of
contributors and members stewarded personally or by other senior
staff or team members.
• Collaborate with the Chief Development Officer and Director to
develop a new business strategy to identify and target new partners
for major financial contributions, both for restricted and
unrestricted purposes and as needed, deepen relationships with
current private sectors partners.
• Provide leadership in identifying, developing and implementing
new philanthropic products and partnership opportunities to create
exponential and transformational growth, with a focus on
deliverable opportunities for the next 3-5 years.
• Collaborate with advocacy, communications and other departments
to position USA for UNHCR as a thought leader in private sector
engagement and partnership development.
• Identify, inspire and engage a group of elite, private sector
partners interested in promoting the refugee cause.
• Reinforce a culture of philanthropic investment among all
stakeholders, from staff to volunteers to donors.
• Utilize key leaders’ time and talents appropriately with respect
to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts.
• As needed, manage relevant department operations and make
recommendations for systems and tools that support the
identification, solicitation and stewardship of private sector
• Work in close collaboration with the Donor Care team to keep
donors informed, thanked, and involved; as needed, provide vehicles
for more effective Board communications related to private sector
• Support and contribute to an environment that rewards new ideas
and entrepreneurship, creating a culture that celebrates
innovation, builds confidence, encourages teamwork, and promotes
• Work collaboratively and in coordination with other departments.
Conduct effective interdepartmental communications and provide
regular summaries of relevant development activities to USA for
UNHCR Directors, senior staff, Executive Leadership Team and teams
• Develop and implement strategies to take advantage of USA for
UNHCR’s Strategic Framework and campaign initiatives.
• Report regularly to the Chief Development Officer, Executive
Leadership Team and Executive Director on outcomes, efforts, and
progress toward departments’ goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• At least 10 years of fundraising experience with demonstrated
experience formulating/executing successful, comprehensive
multimillion dollar partnerships or other fundraising
• Bachelor’s degree required; relevant master’s degree
• Proven ability to identify, cultivate and secure corporate
partnerships along a spectrum of opportunities (gift-in-kind,
funding, cause-related marketing, employee engagement, etc.)
• Strong understanding of gift-in-kind, shared value partnerships
and impact investing.
• Proven experience in driving new business.
• Proven experience in account management.
• Goal orientated with strong internal direction and
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in matrixed environments
with senior leadership, Board members, staff, and volunteers,
providing strong support and inspiring them to productive
• Thoughtful and creative problem-solving skills.
• Superior writing skills, as well as strong presentation,
marketing and communication skills, with the ability to deal with
sensitive human rights issues, directly and passionately, and to
translate USA for UNHCR s mission and programs into fundraising
initiatives that garner financial support.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, diverse, and
demanding environment with constantly changing priorities due to
newly emerging opportunities.
• Willingness to travel.
• Familiarity with and demonstrated commitment to international
human rights is essential.
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve highly complex
• Consistently demonstrates professional maturity
• Consistently takes the initiative to accomplish work.
• Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions.
• Ability to be flexible, collaborative and catalytic
• Consistently demonstrates patience
• Demonstrates passion for USA for UNHCR’s mission
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be
performed in a typical office environment. **Please
note, due to COVID-19, all USA for UNHCR staff are currently
USA for UNHCR will make reasonable accommodations in compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
USA for UNHCR is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Refugees and all other protected
classes are encouraged to apply.