The Treasurer | Chief Financial Officer is responsible for
maintaining the financial integrity of
Charles & Margery Barancik Foundation through the expert
direction of its financial, fund
accounting, and investment activities.
Essential duties and responsibilities, include but are not limited
to the following:
- Supervises and manages all aspects of Barancik Foundation’s
financial and accounting systems.
- Develops and implements the financial and accounting procedures
based on generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develops and manages systems for effective internal
- Monitors and manages cash flow requirements so as to maximize
the return on investment.
- Oversees the preparation and adherence to the annual
- Oversees the annual financial audit and preparation of all tax
- Prepares timely financial analysis to guide the President|CEO,
committees, and the Board of Directors in decision-making and to
advise them of any financial matters needing their attention.
- Serves as a liaison to the Investment Committee as well as
between Barancik Foundation and its outsourced chief investment
- Ensures adherence to the investment policy.
- Understands the roles of all parties involved in investment
decision making – committees, board, CIO, etc.
- Oversees maintenance, insurance, taxes, and related issues for
real estate owned or leased by Barancik Foundation.
- Oversees IT management and cybersecurity.
- Provides technical assistance to nonprofit organizations and
peer foundations from time to time.
- Carries out special assignments as requested by the
- Commitment to Barancik Foundation’s values of service,
integrity, and stewardship.
- Accurate, intelligent, strategic-thinker.
- Self-motivated and able to make solid and well-thought-out
- Ability to understand and communicate the broad goals of
Barancik Foundation while remaining focused on the detail-oriented
work and follow-through.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced
- Ability to work well independently and within a
multi-disciplinary team environment and manage multiple projects
- Commitment to the highest standards of service to internal and
- Ability to recognize confidential information and to handle
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree in accounting or finance, master’s
degree in business or finance and CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in accounting or
- Expert in the use of software programs, e.g. word processing,
spreadsheet applications, presentation software, and database
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills;
initiative; resourcefulness; the ability to develop, motivate,
lead, and supervise staff to achieve positive outcomes for the
organization; and a willingness to work collaboratively with the
President |CEO, Board members, staff, and constituents.
- Proven ability to interact successfully and build effective
relationships with a wide range of constituents and have excellent
presentation, written communication, and meeting facilitation
- Highly-developed people skills and the ability to interact
respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and
- Enthusiastically live the mission, vision, and values of