WHO IS USA LACROSSE
USA Lacrosse, a non-profit organization, is the governing
body of men’s and women’s lacrosse in the United States, leading
the U.S. National Teams Program and establishing universal
standards. With nearly 400,000 members, we provide national
leadership, structure, and resources to fuel and unify the sport's
growth and enrich the experience of its players, coaches,
officials, parents, and program leaders.
USA Lacrosse believes a diverse staff best positions our
organization to fulfill its mission. We strive to attract and
maintain a team of talented and dedicated professionals who reflect
the diverse nature of our membership and the national lacrosse
community. We are committed to a staff culture that ensures
everyone feels welcomed, valued, and included.
The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) is responsible for the
strategic oversight of building relationships with their assigned
major gift donor prospects who are looking to give in excess of
$10,000 annually. This role is critical in helping USA
Lacrosse (USAL) donors inspire to new levels of engagement with a
commitment to philanthropic support. The MGO is responsible
for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
of major gift donors, both individuals and groups.
If you are someone who has a passion for fundraising and
encouraging philanthropic support this is an excellent opportunity
to help USAL in achieving their goals of providing every child the
opportunity to play and enjoy the sport of lacrosse. This
role is critical in growing our charitable gifts that directly
impact our ability to service mission critical initiatives, such as
grants and scholarships, that support our community partners by
creating opportunity and breaking down the barriers that prevent
some individuals from experiencing lacrosse.
A Typical Day Looks Like…
Relationship Building and Strategy
- Identifies and creates high-end giving strategies through
collaboration with the USAL Foundation team and other USAL staff
members for fundraising and philanthropic opportunities.
- Works to identify new major gift prospects through
communication with the USAL Foundation team, Partnerships, and
other USAL departments as appropriate.
- Completes prospect tracking reports and ensures database
records are accurate and reflect prospects’ relationship with USAL.
This includes tracking all communications with the donor/prospect,
including their inclination to support certain areas of USAL’s
- Ensures all established monthly KPI’s are met, including, but
not limited to the number of meetings held, number of proposals
sent, and number of gifts received.
- Partners with the Director, Development and SR Manager,
Foundation Services to develop and execute a strategic plan for
major gift prospect designation and stewardship according to the
- Selecting major gift prospects for cultivation.
- Building relationships with major donor prospects.
- Soliciting donations from major gift donors.
- Designing a Major Gift Donor Stewardship Program
- Engages select USA Lacrosse Annual Fund donors and identifies
those who are capable of making significant gifts to other key USAL
Event and Meeting
- Attends Board meetings twice a year to provide a USAL
Foundation team presence and support the management team in
building awareness and providing updates.
- Attends USAL Foundation events to promote USAL’s initiatives
and engage constituents.
- Regularly attends USAL events to develop relationships with
potential donors and educate attendees on fundraising and
philanthropic opportunities with USAL. This includes staffing
booths and conducting meeting with potential donors at USAL events
Is this you…
- At least 3 years of experience in fundraising, business/donor
development, and/or major gifts or related experience.
- Knowledge of software’s used for fundraising, such as
SalesForce, or comparable database applications used to track,
monitor, and report on donor data with the aptitude to learn such
- Working knowledge of fundraising concepts, principles, and best
practices. This includes the ability to solicit and build
relationships with prospects.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and
keep data organized for through analysis and reporting.
- Strong relationship building skills with the comfort and
ability to “work a room” to persuade potential donors, while
enhancing existing relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal,
written, and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with a
“hands on” mentality.
- Discretion to handle sensitive and confidential matters and
- Ability to present a professional persona and presence to build
relationships and establish credibility.
- Willingness to learn about the sport of lacrosse and appreciate
the needs for developing funds to fuel its development and
- Ability to align with USA Lacrosse’s Mission, Vision, and
Values and Strategic Plan to support our initiatives and
Core Values & Competencies
- We Influence - Written and Verbal Communication
- We Serve - Customer Focused
- We Create & Innovate - Creativity
- We Collaborate - Peer Relationships
- We are Humble & Honest - Integrity and Trust
- We Embrace Individuality - Diversity
- We Have Fun - Humor
Expected Hours of Work
This position is generally expected to work Monday through
Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm, however, occasionally requires longer
hours and/or weekend work as related to events and other business
Travel up to at least 25% is required and may include both
domestic and international travel, including overnight travel.
USA Lacrosse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
age, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, veteran status, or any other status/characteristic
protected under federal, state, or local law. USA Lacrosse
believes diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to
our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit,
develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse