The U.S. Soccer Foundation helps young people embrace active and
healthy lifestyles and cultivate critical life skills through
soccer. The Foundation’s programs are the national model for
sports-based youth development in underserved communities. Since
its founding in 1994, the Foundation has impacted thousands of
children through its cost-effective, high-impact initiatives, which
offer safe environments where kids and communities thrive. For more
information, visit www.ussoccerfoundation.org. The
Foundation’s headquarters are located in Washington, D.C.
About the Role:
The Graphic Designer will manage creative projects for the U.S.
Soccer Foundation team and work with internal and external partners
to conceptualize and deliver print and digital materials consistent
with the organization’s established brand standards. Digital
projects include the creation of graphics, slide decks, webpages,
and other program and promotional materials for the organization.
This position is a new position for the Foundation. While this
position lives within the Marketing & Communications
department, the Graphic Designer will work on projects across all
About the Team:
The Marketing & Communications department is responsible for
shaping the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s brand, building its
visibility, overseeing all external communications, and showcasing
the organization’s work to engage key audiences. The team works
collaboratively with all other departments to enhance their
effectiveness while ensuring the organization communicates a
consistent narrative. The Marketing & Communications department
is responsible for organizational messaging, branding, and
positioning, program and organizational marketing and annual fund
strategies, digital strategy, media relations, speechwriting,
thought leadership, storytelling, public event planning and
execution, graphic design, and video production.
The Graphic Designer’s core responsibilities include the
- Work within the brand guidelines and brand vision to create
high-quality deliverables for the organization, including
one-pagers, direct mail pieces, brochures, infographics,
presentations, decks, invitations, toolkits, email templates, and
- Create assets for digital media, including social media
graphics, website carousels, digital ads, and more.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Manager and
website consultant on the design and layout of the Foundation’s
website and landing pages.
- Design signage and collateral for the Foundation’s signature
events, including directional signage, schedule boards, programs,
and other event materials.
- Work collaboratively with the Programs team to update
curricula, training materials, and other programmatic materials, as
- Work collaboratively with the Safe Places to
Play and Operations team to create and update relevant
- Work collaboratively with the Development team to create
corporate and foundation pitch decks and other templates for
- Maintain and manage the Foundation’s creative database, serving
as the go-to for logo, photo, and image usage and approvals.
- Support and advance the goals, mission, and culture of the U.S.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or an art-related major or related
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in graphic
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including
InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Expert knowledge of setting up files for print production and
working with product vendors to ensure jobs are properly
- Strong communication, organization, and time management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects with a
creative, innovative, and efficient perspective
- Possesses a strong worth ethic, as well as the ability to work
both independently and as part of a team, manage complex projects
and timelines, and take initiative
- Committed to bettering the lives of children through
sports-based youth development
- Committed to working on a diverse team and helping to build a
culture of inclusion internally and externally
- Prior experience with WordPress or willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred
The salary for this position is competitive. Benefits include
generous medical and dental insurance plans; 401(k) retirement
plans with employer match; professional development; mobile data
plan reimbursement; commuter benefits; and generous vacation.
Required Materials & Reference:
Please follow the instructions on the job posting to submit the
required materials, including design samples. For the
Reference section, please submit a minimum of two (2) references,
with at least one being supervisory in nature. Please note
your references' name, title, organization/company, and contact