CARE seeks an experienced and enthusiastic planned giving
professional to join the National team with responsibility for
donors in the Northeast, working out of the offices in New
York or Boston when it is safe to do so. This position requires
someone with 5+ years of gift planning experience in the level
of Director or a minimum of 8 years of cumulative experience in a
Assistant Director's position or lower in the fundraising or
planned gift field. We seek an individual with a true love for
working with mature donors to identify the best gift type for
both the donor and for CARE. This position also serves as a subject
matter expert for a team of major gift officers in Boston and
New York and will require significant travel time when it is safe
- Planned giving portfolio management.
- Stewardship of existing legacy society donors.
- Major gift team collaboration.
- Planned gift administration.
- Bachelor's degree in business, pre-law, marketing, psychology
or related field required from an accredited college or
- At least five (5) years or more experience in planned giving
and a proven track record of success securing five and six figure
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant
annual, major and planned giving commitments.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and ethics of fundraising
Ability to work well with faculty, administrators, volunteers, and
colleagues as part of a team in a large, complex organization
Ability to build collegial and effective internal and external
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to advocate institutional priorities to an external
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with a high
attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and meet
deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Experience in cold calling, negotiating, and closing business
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and
trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees
from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are
placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use
recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front
fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or
placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific
employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate
recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to
you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from
someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry,
sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability,
marital status, or status as a
veteran. If you’d like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
please click here.