YOUR POSITION AT BGCGW
Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington (BGCGW) is seeking
a highly organized Assistant Director of Development to support its
fundraising program. This role will oversee the identification,
cultivation, and stewardship of key BGCGW relationships. The
position is responsible for administering and executing the
fundraising plans and the moves management cycle for our two
signature event committees, our six regional boards and their
events, and new revenue sources via these channels. This role will
assist with all annual fund revenue and be instrumental in helping
grow this revenue 10% year over year. In partnering with the Senior
Director of Development and Chief Development Officer, ensure that
funding opportunities pursued match BGCGW’s strategic direction and
annual fund priorities. This is a great opportunity for a
professional to wear many hats within a robust and dynamic
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Lead fundraising committees for BGCGW’s two signature special
events, to include staffing, managing and tracking sponsorship
solicitation, assisting with securing sponsorships as needed and
recruiting and onboarding new committee members, chairs and
· Provide the committee chairs with the resources they need to
lead monthly meetings, which include but are not limited to
agendas, solicitation materials and committee updates.
· Work closely with all committee members to ensure they are
reaching their fundraising minimums and have the resources they
need to be successful.
· Prepare post-event analysis to build upon successes,
improvement recommendations and communicate lessons learned.
· Liaise and support the six regional boards by attending their
regular meetings, including development committee meetings and
provide pertinent updates to colleagues.
· Provide the six regional boards with direction and guidance on
their fundraising plans, event strategies and follow-up
· Maintain accountability to database, administrative systems,
procedures and the events calendar and prospect pipeline.
· Partner with the Director of Donor Relations & Special
Events on plans for the two signature special events and the
regional board events.
· Partner with the Database Administrator on prospect tracking,
moves management and donor reporting.
· Partner with members of the development team to ensure
additional revenue streams and opportunities are identified and
· Related to event sponsor deliverables, work closely with the
development team to ensure proper follow through.
· Administrative work and other duties as assigned.
YOU’LL NEED TO BRING
· Four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
· Three to five years of relatable fundraising and/or event
· Committee and/or board management experience is a plus.
· Commitment to the mission of BGCGW – must adhere to the
highest ethical standards, demonstrate an empathetic disposition
and perseverance, and convey sensitivity to the needs of donors,
staff and volunteers.
· Excellent attention to details and follow through as
demonstrated through effective project management experience.
· Ability to multi-task and meet multiple project deadlines.
· Strong communication skills, both oral and especially
· High degree of sophistication, self-confidence and
self-motivation – ability to keep calm under pressure.
· Positive attitude working in a development department with
high functioning fundraisers; team-focused, must enjoy and be
successful at working on teams and able to roll up one’s sleeves
and make things happen as an individual.
· Experience and comfort working in Excel and related Microsoft
· CRM (Raiser’s Edge NXT, DonorPerfect, Salesforce, etc.)
· Must be able to work at BGCGW headquarters, 4103 Benning Road
NE, Washington DC, during normal operations, as well as working
remotely during COVID-19.
· Must have strong home internet connection (work laptop and
cell phone will be provided).
· Must own a car.
· A “can do” approach; some evening work to be anticipated and
· This position is primarily sedentary and located at 4103
Benning Road, NE, Washington, DC during normal operations from 8:30
a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
· Requires the ability to speak, hear, and use a personal
computer for standard business communications.
Job Type: Full-time Mon-Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm
Salary: $65,000.00 - $70,000.00 /year Commensurate with
BGCGW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.