The UNM Foundation is looking for an Executive Officer for
Principal Gift Operations. The Executive Officer will facilitate
and drive internal processes leading to the creation and
implementation of well-researched and sound strategies that promote
long range sustainable growth for principal gift donors while
deepening UNM’s relationships with top donors.
The Executive Officer for Principal Gift Operations will be
responsible for coordinating, crafting, and ensuring the deliberate
and effective execution of the relationship management strategies
for all university prospects capable of making the largest gifts to
UNM. In this role the Executive Officer for Principal Gift
Operations will work with Foundation and University colleagues to
identify, build, and manage strategies and relationships with UNM’s
most capable and high-capacity individuals and organizations
leading to the successful delivery and acceptance of proposals.
Critically too, the Executive Officer for Principal Gift
Operations will drive and coordinate the development work of the
President of UNM as well as the President & CEO of the
Foundation – ensuring both are consistently, effectively, and
actively engaging with principal gift donors and prospects and
advancing gift solicitations. The Executive Officer for Principal
Gift Operations will work in close collaboration with the office of
the President and coordinate the engagement of other UNM leaders as
- Excellent initiative and organizational skills to prioritize
complex tasks, projects, and workflow, as well as strong
independent judgment regarding best use of time.
- Outstanding written communication and facilitation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills that build
confidence and trust with Foundation leaders and colleagues,
university leaders, faculty, board of trustees, and
- Experience working with senior leadership in a complex
- Ability to foster a collaborative work environment within a
complex organizational structure.
- Knowledge of best practices in higher education fundraising and
proven track record in engaging effectively and professionally with
high-net-worth individuals and demonstrated ability in securing
- Commitment to collaborative approach to fundraising.
- Commitment to public higher education and capacity to
effectively convey the university’s aspirations.
- Experience working with a donor database system.
- Computer literate and fluent with current software and
shareware, as well as Zoom and video conferencing software.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution required;
an advance degree preferred.
- Six (6) or more years of experience in higher education and
major gift fundraising.
- Complex project management experience.
- Experience in higher education.
Must be able to drive personal vehicle for University and
Foundation business (mileage reimbursed) and hold a valid driver’s
license with current insurance, and a clean driving record. Offers
of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of
criminal, driving record, and employment background screening. Some
positions may also require credit background screening as well
How to Apply:
Please visit our website at www.unmfund.org/careers
for application. Cover letter and resume
The UNM Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, making
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status,
disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to
hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and are dedicated to the
goal of building an inclusive and pluralistic staff.