Senior Development Coordinator
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a
place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of,
an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as
a Senior Development Coordinator.
In this role, the Senior Development Coordinator is an integral
member of the Development & Alumni Affairs Department
This role will help ensure that the Executive Vice President
(EVP) of Development is maximizing time on department and
institutional priorities by providing critical and complex daily
administrative support, managing special requests and projects
related to EVP, and ensuring the EVPs donor information and
activities are properly reflected in the departments CRM database
(known as TRAX).
The Senior Development Coordinator serves as the primary point
of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters
pertaining to the EVP and works closely with the development
leadership team on matters relating to the EVP.
This is a key role in the Office of Development and Alumni
Affairs as we look towards the next phase of NYU Langone's
- Completes a broad variety of day to day administrative tasks
for the EVP including but not limited to: manages an extremely
active calendar of appointments, answers and directs phone calls
and email inquiries, meets and greets meeting participants,
completes expense reports, composes and prepares correspondence,
including working with development communications team to ensure
acknowledgments are prepared and sent out in a timely fashion,
arranges complex in person and virtual meetings under minimum
direction, files and retrieves documents and records.
- Ensures EVP is fully prepared for meetings, including managing
the agendas and follow-up for meetings with Dean and CEO, and
proactively reaches out to teams across OODAA and the institution
to provide pertinent information and anticipate EVP needs.
Maintains aggregate list of items to cover with Dean and CEO, Chair
of Board, Executive Leadership, and other key stakeholders.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and serves as primary
point of contact for items related to the EVP. Researches,
prioritizes, connects dots with other staff members, and follows up
on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the EVP, including
those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate
course of action, referral, or response in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the Senior Director, liaises regularly with
Development Leadership Team including AVP of Giving, AVP of
Development, and Senior Division Director of Development
Administration to ensure coordinated efforts.
- Liaises and coordinates regularly with office of Dean and CEO
and other Executive Leadership for meetings and other
- Plans, coordinates and works with internal staff members to
help ensure the EVPs schedule is followed. Works with Senior
Director and Development Leadership to suggest and leverage
standing meetings and works to connect dots to help ensure items
are covered in a comprehensive (as opposed to ad-hoc) manner.
- Recognizes and identifies information that can be disseminated
and to whom. Provides information, consultation and advice to the
EVP and colleagues on technical, systems-related, or process
- Develops full knowledge of teams across the office in order to
provide EVP with appropriate communications, reports, prospect
research, etc. upon EVPs request.
- Evaluates current practices and assess needs of EVP in order to
build administrative efficiencies and create new ways of working.
Updates and maintains a manual that includes best practices and
standard operating procedures as it relates to the EVP.
- Discreetly handles sensitive and confidential material,
information and projects.
- Develops full knowledge of TRAX and in conjunction with
Assistant Manager, Trustee Administration, keeps all EVP prospect
data (including contact reports) updated and in compliance with
evolving business rules and guidelines.
- Works with Manager of Fundraising Administration to ensure
protocols are in place to track EVPs partnership gifts in
- Liaise with the gift teams to efficiently and effectively
conduct all follow-up from Principal Giving/Moves Management
meetings and ensure activities related to EVP are captured and
- Acts as a back-up to processing EVP-related gifts
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 4-5+ years of administrative executive experience in
an office setting or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to interact effectively via oral and written
communication with all levels, including executives, of diverse
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to shift priorities in a high volume and fast-paced
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet
deadlines with the utmost professionalism, even while under
- Excellent customer service, organizational, interpersonal and
- High level of energy, initiative, and creativity.
- Self-motivated, outgoing and results oriented.
- Demonstrates superb judgement and able to act with ultimate
discretion while handling confidential matters.
- Proficiency of the internet and software applications,
including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of modern office standard practices and
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER TOGETHER WITH YOUR
- Development database experience preferred.
- Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate
with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects
of recruiting and employment.