Full Time, Exempt
Summary: This position supports the
Executive Director working on fundraising projects including
research, clerical duties, mailings, events, fundraising programs,
report writing, etc. This position is responsible for the monthly
donations, thank you cards, online donation forms and reports,
grant proposals, and grant reports. Responsible for the overall and
daily administration of all donation processing functions.
Maintains an accurate donor database and generates various reports.
This position oversees the Administrative
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include
the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for overall maintenance and integrity of
confidential donor information, queries, and reports in the
database. Maintain current and accurate donor information in the
database. Responsible for donor emails and associated lists.
- Identify foundations or other sources for potential funding and
preparing grant proposals. Apply for grants and prepare resulting
reports etc. Maintain relationships with existing
- Oversee the Conservation Circle member program including
recruiting and soliciting new members, communicating with current
members, planning membership events, leading member tours, and
inviting qualified members to patient releases.
- Speak and present to donors, community groups, foundations,
government officials, and members of the public.
- Cultivate partnerships with organizations and foundations.
- Plan and oversee fundraising events including soliciting
sponsors and donors, working with vendors, marketing the events,
and supervising ticket sales.
- Write articles for internal and external newsletters, mailings,
and donor solicitations.
- Troubleshoot to resolve various problems as they arise
- Work effectively under pressure to deliver results in a
- Work professionally with the public, volunteers and fellow
- Train and supervise Administrative Assistant and development
- Responsible for in-kind gift acknowledgements.
- Maintain wish lists. Responsible for online donations and the
relationship with online retailers. Maintaining our website
and Amazon wish lists
- Responsible for maintaining/creating online donation forms and
adjusting when needed. Process online donations and reports.
- Prepare various Development reports.
- Ensure donations are entered accurately in database and thank
you letters are generated.
- Maintain good donor relations and document all
- Responsible for monthly giving program for in-house and online
donations, including processing, troubleshooting, and contacting
donors when updated information is needed.
- Responsible for matching gift program in the development
database, including gathering employer/matching company information
and reports, processing the associated checks, confirming gifts,
entering matching pledges, documenting, contacting matching
companies when needed (e.g. for matching factor, missing matches,
missing initial donations), thanking donors, etc.
- Compile articles for the quarterly donor newsletter and work
with graphic designer and printer on production and mailings.
The Manager directly supervises the Administrative Assistant and
indirectly supervises Development and Event volunteers. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting in
interviewing, hiring. Training employees and volunteers;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees and volunteers; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Detail oriented and accurate in the execution of job
- Ability to exercise individual initiative and work with limited
- Ability to develop strong, positive working relationships.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, collaborative team player
abilities, and a sense of humor.
- Experienced and professional, including exhibiting discretion
and confidentiality when dealing with the public.
- Possess a friendly, positive, upbeat attitude and ability to
portray a positive persona with the public and be a positive
representative of the organization.
- Must be able to work quickly, efficiently and calmly under
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities with competing
deadlines, outstanding attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal), with the
ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small and
large group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook) and preferably Raiser’s Edge/
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate ratio and percentages.
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends, when
- Ability to articulate the importance of the accurate rescue,
release and rehabilitation of California Wildlife.
- Upon offer, must successfully pass a background check.
- Must follow all safety protocols and procedures.
- Must have a valid CA driver license and a satisfactory driving
record to be insured by the organization’s insurance company.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Education or equivalent required. Bachelor’s
Degree strongly preferred. Minimum of two years of nonprofit
fundraising or development preferred. Experience
working in a wildlife rehabilitation facility, zoo or sanctuary
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee
is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The majority of work performed
will be in a team-based, open floor work environment. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate.