The Caltech Alumni Association celebrates the unique value and
character of the Caltech experience and empowers the alumni
community to thrive and connect with Caltech and each other. The
Associate Director, Alumni Digital Integration and Strategy is an
entrepreneurial self-starter who supports the work of the Caltech
Alumni Association (CAA) and helps the CAA and Caltech sustain and
deepen lifelong relationships with alumni.
Reporting to the Director of Alumni Content & Value Delivery
for the CAA, the Associate Director, Alumni Digital Integration and
Strategy builds and leads a talented team of online and digital
integration freelancers to advance the digital expertise and
strategies of AR/CAA. Requiring strategic management and a futurist
view of the alumni-engagement innovation landscape, this position
is responsible for fostering productive relationships with CAA team
members, colleagues, and campus partners, internally and
organizations, corporations, and initiatives external to
- Oversee and execute digital integration of AR/CAA’s
technologies (to include social media, assessment and measurement,
and measurement and assessment)
- Collaborate and lead strategic planning across all social and
digital platforms to provide direction for the “Caltech Alumni
presence and experience.”
- Lead and execute concept development, strategizing, planning,
and implementation of e-branding initiatives on CAA’s website and
other digital channels.
- Lead and execute strategy behind performance-based initiatives
and marketing across digital channels.
- Take a strategic view of the alumni-facing digital landscape
and higher education best practices and influence key initiatives
across AR/CAA team.
- Responsible for AR/CAA technical integration and
- Partner with campus cross-functional areas to align digital
strategy with target audience and alumni needs, brand positioning,
revenue goals, and team resources.
- Optimize alumni experience on existing channels to improve
alumni conversion and increase repeat visits to alumni community
- Oversee freelance digital staff hiring and management
- Drive an aspirational alumni experience through the execution
of a cohesive story across social media and other digital
- Collaborate with various internal teams to create and deliver
best-in-class social media and content-driven campaigns, programs
and services for alumni and other key, external constituents.
- Liaise with AR/CAA department leads to attain an ever-evolving
understanding of their changing needs and adapting the
organization’s approach and strategies to social media
- Serve as the associate editor and digital strategist for the
expansion of the CAA Techer brand and strategic
- Migrate AR/CAA printed collateral to social media and online
- Utilize digital storytelling including video, podcasts,
illustrations, and infographics to communicate, with, and about
- Produce and collaborate to produce live virtual events,
lectures and experiences; capture and save content to distribute
- Lead the distribution of all e-communications to include
invitations, announcements, and newsletters
- Plan and help execute alumni media amplification and social
media marketing, communication and advertising on key social
- Deep dive into social media analytics to understand why certain
content performs better than others and provides the organization’s
leadership actionable insights for enhanced alumni engagement and
- Track the effect of social and content marketing on AR/CAA’s
digital platforms to showcase the effectiveness and areas of
marketing that need strengthening.
- Spearhead the process of social advertising and content
promotion across all Caltech Alumni social media platforms,
optimizing CAA’s outreach and engagement strategies and
- Help AAR/CAA teams to develop social media and digital
understanding and skills.
- A minimum of five (5) years hands-on experience in social media
and/or content marketing, preferably in higher education.
- A wide interest in the intersection between technology and
- Experience in alumni social media or content marketing with
proven portfolio in managing social media initiatives and strong
ability to leverage the integration of digital tools and
established best-practice techniques.
- Deep understanding and strong working knowledge of social media
platforms (e.g., Periscope, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube,
Google, Snapchat) and their role in forming and being part of a
larger digital ecosystem of alumni engagement.
- Experience in running social advertising and content promotion
campaigns on social platforms, including media planning.
- Experience migrating content from other communication and
marketing channels into social media and other current and emerging
digital tools and platforms.
- Possess the ability to create a well thought out, data-backed
strategic plan of action clients for marketing and other campaigns
and for “always-on content.”
- Experience in higher education, in alumni relations and/or
- Feature and news concepting and writing.
- An authentic curiosity about science and technology, a strong
appreciation for the extraordinary intellectual accomplishments and
challenges of Caltech students, alumni and faculty, and patience to
learn the unique culture of Caltech.
- Understands the values and virtues of fostering a more diverse
and inclusive alumni community and building richer relationships
with historically underrepresented Caltech alumni.