Bay Area, CA • Full-Time Position
Location: Remote - Home Office - Northern California
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay and Benefits: $100,000 - $125,000.00 per year
Start Date: ASAP
WELLKIND believes that the “future is well.” We are a new
organization on a growth trajectory and are specifically seeking
candidates who are comfortable with the entrepreneurial work
environment and strong work ethic needed to launch and support new
programs and projects.
In Northern California, we are launching several programs.
These include a forest stewardship program to support healthy
native forests and biodiversity, as well as a garden program
connecting students and the local community to the Earth and
increasing awareness of organic food production. We are also
offering mindfulness programs aimed at supporting the health and
wellness of individuals and groups. In Guatemala, we have an older,
well-developed, and impactful program helping indigenous
communities on Lake Atitlan.
The Director of Development is
responsible for the direction, development, organization,
implementation, & expansion, of all fundraising planning and
initiatives. The Director of Development shares responsibility with
the Executive Director for maintaining important donor
relationships and serves as a member of the Leadership Team.
Manage and carry out all aspects of the organization’s
fundraising, including major gifts, annual giving,
corporate/foundation relations, grants, sponsorships, and
The Director of Development reports to the Executive Director,
is a member of the Executive Team, and works in close collaboration
with the program managers and others to achieve the development
goals. The position directly supervises the Grant Writer and
the Development and Forestry Program Manager (with respect to
WELLKINDs Director of Development
- The primary planner and implementer on all fundraising
initiatives and marketing initiatives related to raising revenue:
Revenue Goal Year One $ 650,000.
- Responsible for the Creation and implementation of a
comprehensive development strategy to include major donors,
foundations, individuals, events, businesses, and more.
- Establish the infrastructure/processes needed to grow revenue
and work with the development
- Help to Identify potential advisory board members to present to
program managers and Executive Director for installment.
- Work with Advisors and Trustees to ID potential new donors and
reach out to ask for support with their
- Raise 500,000 in year one with increasing revenue streams
thereafter to meet permission and program goals.
- Responsible for the identification of foundation support, and
writing and completion of grant proposals and LOIs and oversee the
work of the Grant Writer and Development and Forestry Program
- Responsible for relationship “maintenance” and care of
foundations and other donors and reporting with the goal of
developing and maintaining long-term relations.
- Strategize and carry out ways to reach and obtain funding from
new contacts, including foundations, private donors, government
contacts, and corporate partners.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential
- Hands-on fundraising is key to job success.
- Work with the Senior Operations Manager & Development and
Forestry Program Manager to ensure the timely and accurate
collection and entry of all donor and prospect information and to
correctly track by program in all three areas - donor perfect,
constant contact and accounting.
- Work with Executive Director and Senior Organizational team to
plan annual budget and implement resource development strategies to
meet budget goals.
About Our Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 10 years of direct experience in Nonprofit
- Significant grant proposal writing and reporting experience are
- Proven track record in successfully raising funds from donors,
foundations, corporations, and others and expanding revenue
- Excellent work ethic, and interpersonal skills.
- Work as a team player and independently to achieve goals and
proactively take steps to meet the organization's revenue
- Be adaptable for a new start-up environment while helping to
put systems and processes in place for all to succeed. This
includes managing multiple priorities and being successful while
working with limited resources.
- Accountable for strategic oversight as well as direct hands-on
activities and actions.
- Travel may be required to meet potential donors. (20-30 %
To APPLY Provide the Following:
- A Cover Letter detailing specific fundraising
successes for nonprofits, indicating amounts raised and
budgets, strategy, and for what kind(s) of
- A Resume
WELLKIND is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic
background, sex, disability, size, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, color, marital status, personal
appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, or genetic
information. Applicants who will increase the diversity of WellKind
are strongly encouraged to apply. Fluency in Spanish is welcome but