Saint Joseph’s University prohibits discrimination on the basis
of sex in its programs and activities, including admission and
employment, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments
of 1972. The Title IX Coordinator is responsible for overseeing
compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws and
regulations. To contact the Title IX Coordinator, e-mail
email@example.com, visit Campion Student Center suite 243, or call
610-660-1145. To learn more about the University’s Title IX
policies, the process for filing a report or formal complaint of
sex discrimination, sexual harassment, or other form of sexual
misconduct, and the University’s response to reports and/or formal
complaints, please visit www.sju.edu/titleix. Inquiries may also be
directed to the Federal agency responsible for enforcing Title IX,
the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Position Summary or Faculty Qualifications
The Associate Director of Advancement Communications project
manages and develops multimedia and multichannel communications to
drive philanthropic and comprehensive campaign goals among key
constituencies including the campus community, alumni, donors and
influencers with affinity for Saint Joseph’s.
This is a temporary position anticipated to last nine months;
not to exceed 12 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead project management and content creation of comprehensive
campaign communication deliverables.
- Lead the day-to-day collaboration between Advancement and
Marketing and Communications to create and execute the University’s
Advancement communications programs, including strategies and
- Leverage industry-wide philanthropic communications best
practices that enhance faculty, staff and alumni engagement,
information flow and brand management.
- Write speeches, invitations, columns, scripts, letters, direct
mail, solicitation, case statements, email, solicitations,
editorial articles and other content and develop strategies for
proactive campus, alumni, donor and other stakeholder
- In consultation with the Associate Vice President and
Advancement leadership, develop strategic plans for building a
culture of philanthropy at Saint Joseph’s.
- Coordinate with Advancement to provide support and direction
regarding high-level news and events.
- Provide strategic and tactical support, as needed, for
Advancement and University communication initiatives, including Day
of Giving and major events.
- Identify trends in media, leadership, and higher education that
might be leveraged by the University to achieve its philanthropic
- Copywriting, copyediting and proofreading
- Other duties as assigned
The position may require long periods spent in front of a
computer. In addition, weekend and after hours work may be
- Bachelor’s or other four-year degree in a
- Demonstrates experience successfully managing multiple projects
and workflow for communication deliverables, under deadline, with
attention to detail.
- At least 4-6 years of experience in marketing, communications
or public relations with previous experience managing philanthropic
and campaign programs.
- Strong writing and production skills, with the ability to write
and produce content for a variety of media, audiences and
- Experience in web development/design, email marketing, direct
mail and social media.
- Experience in using Anthology/iModules or similar email
marketing automation tools.
- Experience in data analytics.
Saint Joseph’s University is a private, Catholic, Jesuit
institution and we expect members of our community to be
knowledgeable about – and to make a positive contribution to – our
mission. Saint Joseph’s University is an equal opportunity employer
that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse
workforce. The University is committed to the diversity of its
faculty and staff so that our students, our disciplines and our
community as a whole can benefit from the multiple perspectives it
offers. The University seeks qualified candidates who share our
commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. EOE M/F/V/D