Digital Marketing Manager
(NYC preferred; other locations may be considered)
Helen Keller Intl is a global health organization dedicated to
eliminating preventable vision loss, malnutrition and diseases of
poverty. Co-founded by Helen Keller – and guided by her fierce
optimism and belief in human potential – the organization delivers
life-changing health and food security solutions to build
resilience of vulnerable families where the need is great but
access to care is limited. In the US, Africa, and Asia, Helen
Keller’s proven, science-based programs empower people to create
opportunities in their own lives and build lasting
Helen Keller overcame tremendous obstacles to her health and
wellbeing – and helped millions of others to do the same. Guided by
her remarkable legacy, Helen Keller Intl partners with communities
that are striving to overcome longstanding cycles of poverty. By
delivering the essential building blocks of good health, sound
nutrition and clear vision, we help millions of people create
lasting change in their own lives. Together with a global community
of supporters, we are ensuring that every person has the
opportunity – as Helen did – to reach
their true potential.
The Marketing and Communications team is an integral unit of
Helen Keller’s External Relations department that is responsible
for raising highly flexible unrestricted and restricted funds in
order to support Helen Keller Intl’s global health, nutrition and
vision work. Specifically, the Marketing and Communications team
works to raise Helen Keller’s profile and brand, develop and
communicate stories of impact on the lives of individuals, families
and communities, and help attract and engage philanthropic
individuals and families passionate about Helen Keller’s
Scope of the Position
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the
Digital Marketing Manager will join a small but growing team. S/he
will work closely with the Director to develop an integrated
marketing strategy focused on targeting and engaging US-based
prospects and donors to increase Helen Keller’s ability to execute
on its mission. S/he will then interpret and execute this strategy
across key channels including Helen Keller’s websites, social media
channels, collateral development and advertising efforts. The ideal
candidate demonstrates broad skills and an appetite to deeply
understand our on-the-ground work and translate its impact for core
This role is highly collaborative and requires strong
relationship-building skills. The Digital Marketing Manager will
collaborate with colleagues across the External Relations team and
whole organization to leverage diverse knowledge and expertise and
to capture the impact of our programs and translate it for our
digital channels. Regular communication and a spirit of teamwork
among colleagues, both hierarchically and laterally are essential
to make this structure thrive.
- Content development (40%)
- Interpret, execute and measure marketing strategy across a
myriad of channels to raise Helen Keller Intl’s profile and
increase unrestricted giving.
- Develop and manage External Relations editorial calendar;
establish a process and cross-team committee to inform and update
- In partnership with Core Donor Communities, develop and execute
donor and subscriber email strategy: support email design, testing
deployment and analysis.
- Manage design of key collateral including display ads,
one-pagers, donor-facing documents, website and social media
- Support the implementation of brand management policies and
processes; design and develop tools and templates, as needed.
- Digital marketing (25%)
- Manage day-to-day maintenance for Helen Keller websites
including content and campaign updates, positioning and blog.
- Interpret marketing strategy for social media platforms to grow
a community of engaged followers and partner with Storyteller on
- In partnership with the Director, convene a group of social
media contributors to share our work and impact directly with our
- Define and track website and social media measurements; report
on analytics on a regular basis and make recommendations based on
- Advertising (25%)
- Manage External Relations advertising efforts including, but
not limited to display advertising, Google Grant, social media,
- Serve as primary content developer for brand awareness
campaigns to target suspect and prospective donors.
- Partner with Core Donor Communities and Major Giving teams to
execute donor-targeted advertising. Serve as a project manager and
content expert in defining objectives, audiences, goals and content
- Marketing operations (10%)
- Serve as primary point of contact for key vendor relationships
including website and advertising agencies and freelancers; support
invoicing and RFP processes as needed.
- Collaborate with External Affairs colleagues and various
departments including Program, Operations and Information
Technology to support website integrations such as donation forms,
career page recruitment system, security features, and program
- Manage, maintain and optimize ResourceSpace digital asset
library; support trainings and provide recommendations for
collegues across the organization on best practices and
- Act as primary point-person for marketing support requests;
field queries through the marketing team inbox.
- Education: Degree in communications, marketing
or related field a plus; and
- Experience: 5-7 years of professional
experience in marketing, advertising, communications, public
relations and/or advocacy preferably with a global nonprofit or NGO
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Practical experience using social and digital media; keeps
up-to-date with tools and trends.
- Expertise in website management, SEO and analytics including
experience with WordPress, Google Ad words and Analytics, Facebook
Business Manager and Twitter analytics.
- Knowledge of CRM and enterprise email clients (Blackbaud and
Luminate a plus).
- Experience managing advertising campaigns across various
platforms; agency experience a plus.
- Creative design interest; experience with Adobe Creative Suite
or Canva (or equivalent), photography and video a plus.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with focus
and experience in synthesizing complex content into essential,
compelling messages for digital platforms.
- Proven project management skills – able to manage competing
priorities and thrive under tight deadlines while ensuring
attention to detail.
- Experience managing vendors and other external partners
including web firms, designer, and/or marketing consultants.
- Collaborative, passionate, enthusiastic, flexible and
- Demonstrable respect for all persons regardless of religion,
ethnicity, class or gender, with a high comfort level working in a
diverse environment with a demonstrated commitment to high
professional ethical standards.
- Commitment to Helen Keller Intl’s work and mission.
- Experience or interest in donor communications, development, or
- Proficiency in French is a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to
email@example.com Applications will be accepted until
the position is filled.
In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen
is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where
diversity is fully valued.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or
protected veteran status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual
with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the
application or interview process, please contact us at the email
above or call: +1 646-356-1789.