Sales & Partnerships Coordinator
The sales & partnerships
coordinator is responsible for supporting and growing BoardSource’s
network of corporate and federated nonprofit relationships. This
position reports to the director of corporate and federated
partnerships and is focused on supporting effective growth of
revenues from corporations and federated nonprofits by expanding
both the number and size of revenue-generating partnerships. This
includes directly supporting the director’s portfolio of current
and potential partners, a combined ~ $1M budget for both
prioritized audiences (corporate and federated nonprofits).
This is a coordinator level position with the opportunity to grow
into an active fundraising role. Primary
Partner with the director to
ensure the effective growth of revenues from the corporate and
- Support BoardSource’s corporate and federated membership
program by identifying and researching potential membership and
sponsorship partners, and partnering with the director to
cultivate, acquire, and renew partners.
- Respond effectively to incoming leads for membership and
sponsorship along with other inquiries from the corporate and
- Support revenue-generating efforts of the corporate and
federated partnerships director by tracking partnership
opportunities and agreements using the organizational database
(Salesforce), tracking partnership agreements to ensure fulfillment
of all partnership elements, capturing sales meeting notes,
preparing materials for meetings, writing and editing
briefings/proposals/memos/letters/communications/web updates for
corporate and federated membership pages, and assisting with
membership overview presentations.
- Collaborate with team members across the organization to
support and implement membership and sponsorship benefits.
- Develop reports for partners and work closely with director on
key metrics and prospect pipeline.
- Represent the corporate and federated partnership team on
internal task forces and cross-departmental projects as
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of all
products and services offered by BoardSource and awareness of
- Perform other related projects and duties, as assigned.
About the Organization
- Two+ years of fundraising or sales experience; membership
and/or corporate community relations experience a plus.
- Competency in strategic listening and ability to discern key
take-a-ways from conversations with members and potential
- Goal-oriented approach to supporting the team and exceeding
- Ability to establish rapport and strong, professional
relationships via email and phone.
- High degree of professionalism and excellent external
representation and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be detail-oriented and
- Strong organizational skills and must possess the ability to
balance competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of and passion for the nonprofit sector and basic
understanding of the role of boards in governing nonprofit
- Knowledge of MS Office required; Experience with a fundraising
CRM database such as Salesforce is a plus.
- Must be a positive minded self-starter, creative, patient,
flexible, accurate and quick, and resourceful problem solver who
can also deal with some ambiguity.
- Support and active engagement in BoardSource’s
internal and external commitment to being a diverse, inclusive and
equitable organization, and ensuring those values are embedded
in the organization and throughout our work.
- Openness to occasional travel when needed (less than
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional
BoardSource is a
globally recognized nonprofit focused on strengthening nonprofit
leadership at the highest level — the board of directors. With
expertise cultivated over more than three decades, BoardSource
strengthens nonprofit leadership through research, thought
leadership, and practical supports that help transform board
structures, dynamics, and perspectives. It is widely recognized as
the go-to resource for nonprofit boards and reaches more than
500,000 leaders each year. Over the years, BoardSource’s
leadership footprint in the nonprofit sector has expanded beyond
“board leadership essentials” to research and proactively address
critical issues that are impeding the nonprofit sector’s ability to
achieve its full potential for impact. In addition to an expansion
of its signature research study, “Leading with Intent,” BoardSource
has also prioritized initiatives to address:
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, &
- The urgent need for more diverse nonprofit boards that are
committed to doing their work in a way that helps advance equity
- Advancing the understanding of a nonprofit’s purpose in the
context of mission, vision, and values;
- The importance of understanding and engaging in public policy
issues that impact or impede an organization’s ability to fulfill
its mission, serve its community, or otherwise do its
mission-driven work; and
- The opportunity to structure organizations for greater
resilience and impact through strategic alliances and mergers.
In the leadership BoardSource provides to nonprofit
organizations across the social sector, we work to spark new
awareness about why a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and
equity is essential within nonprofit organizations, as well as
provide practical support and guidance about how to create positive
change. This work flows from our belief that a commitment to
diversity, inclusion, and equity is essential to realizing our
vision of a world where every social sector organization has the
leadership it needs to fulfill its mission and advance the public
good. Given this commitment and effort, we work to ensure that
our own team is diverse and inclusive, and that the entire team –
regardless of background or identity – feels empowered to bring
their authentic selves to work. Our work is enriched by the lived
experiences of our team members, and there is no replacement for
lived experience when working on issues of diversity, inclusion,
and equity. We are eager to welcome future team members who share
our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity; we also
strongly encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
offers competitive wages and excellent benefits, including
high-quality health insurance with dental and vision coverage, life
insurance, a retirement plan with employer match, and other
work/life benefits. The starting salary for this position is
$45,000-$56,000, depending on experience. Work
Environment and Physical Requirements
requirements for this role are customary to an office setting,
seated or standing at a desk with standard office equipment and
technology. Reasonable accommodations will gladly be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The position requires the ability to communicate verbally and in
writing without assistance.