Search #: 495600
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Marketing and Communication
The Global Engagement & Outreach Coordinator will assist in
network engagement, promotion of global opportunities, as well as
planning and coordination of special projects for the Office of
Global Affairs. The incumbent will carry out marketing and
execution of various events, workshops, and programs to engage
students, faculty, staff, and alumni. This position also provides
support for the expansion of entrepreneurial programming.
The Global Engagement & Outreach Coordinator reports to the
Director of Global Partnerships & Outreach. This position will
work closely with the Global Partnerships & Outreach team and
other units within the Office of Global Affairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties comprise the responsibilities of this
- Promote and foster internal and external relations through
print and e-communications with constituent groups and individuals.
Communicate opportunities and facilitates UConn faculty and student
access and engagement with global networks and organizations,
including but not limited to Universitas 21, United Nations, IIE,
and Council for European Studies, and Sustainable Development
- Coordinate, organize, and implement competitions and events
related to engagement with networks and global partners. Hold
information sessions for internal audiences.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and execution of
entrepreneurial and grant-funded programs, projects, and events.
Provide administrative and technical support as well as organize
program logistics for such programs.
- Prepare applications, materials, and reports for submission to
- Represent Global Affairs at meetings and events related to
network and partner engagement.
- Maintain Global Affairs website and support other units with
website maintenance as needed. Participate in and/or lead regular
meetings with various Global Affairs units to discuss updates to
websites and event calendars; ensure effective use of social media
and facilitate the development of social media and communications
strategy, updating content regularly.
- Assist in planning and implementing marketing and promotional
strategies for global engagement opportunities. Serve as a resource
to other department staff regarding effective promotional
strategies and problems.
- Create and distribute monthly e-newsletters to global partners;
maintain and update mailing lists and other necessary records.
Maintains files of promotional activities for each event, and
assists in evaluating success of promotional and marketing
- Design, schedule, and produce brochures, posters, advertising
flyers, presentations, reports, and other informational and
- Write copy for press releases, remarks, feature articles (in
story-telling style), informational listings, and other publicity
materials; proofread written copy, checking for facts, analysis,
grammar, and readability.
- Lead student employees and staff as assigned.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Two to three years of related experience.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong
attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making
- Experience planning international competitions and/or
coordinating proposal submissions.
- Team-oriented, with the ability to work independently and to
- Demonstrated experience with website maintenance and advanced
knowledge of WordPress (PageBuilder, HTML, and CSS).
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Visio) and relational databases (Airtable).
- Willingness to work some evening or weekend hours. Ability to
travel internationally for work.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of four years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience building relationships across sectors
(academia, governmental, and non-governmental organizations).
- Experience in a university setting, working collaboratively
with faculty, students, and staff.
- Bilingual or advanced proficiency in another language.
This is a full-time, 12-month position, which requires the
incumbent to work 35-hours per week between the hours of 8:00am and
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon
the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19
Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce
members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a
term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or
deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the
successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search
#495600 to upload a resume, cover letter, writing
sample, and contact information
for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m.
Eastern time on October 3, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of
Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and
supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students,
faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff
continues to increase, as does the number of honors students,
valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their
top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the
University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions,
leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research
universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to
fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse
University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment
Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women,
veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally