Remote Work Option for Candidates out of DC Metro
A 501c3 organization, World Food Program USA supports the
mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, the 2020 Nobel
Peace Prize Laureate and the world’s largest humanitarian
organization fighting hunger, by mobilizing American policymakers,
businesses, influencers and individuals to advance the global
movement to end hunger.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Under the direction of the Director, Social Media and Digital
Advertising, World Food Program USA is seeking a Senior Associate,
Social Media to support the team’s efforts in driving brand
awareness, donor acquisition and donor retention through organic
and paid social media. This data-driven team-player will assist in
crafting, executing and measuring our growing and comprehensive
digital program – including audience targeting, media planning, ad
copy writing, multimedia asset creation, performance management and
- Help plan and maintain a weekly social media calendar.
- Manage the daily scheduling and posting and or boosting content
across all social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram,
LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok.
- Help write effective, cohesive, and engaging brand messaging
for social media posts create simple multimedia assets for ads and
posts across all channels.
- Support the development of strategic social media campaign
plans, campaigns and their creative assets, support social media
activations with Corporate Partners and build out peer-to-peer
fundraising opportunities on social media.
- Support the preparation of weekly and monthly reports on
revenue growth, audience growth and user engagement.
- Provide event support and coverage across social channels which
may include live conversations, stories, live-tweeting, live
- Support community management across the owned social channels
and look for opportunities to engage with important conversations
through social listening tools.
- Work closely with marketing, communications and development
teams to update on current and future campaigns and to gather input
for on-going improvements
- Stay up to date on emerging and future digital trends as well
competitive activations across all relevant industries to identify
and grow brand opportunities
- Opportunity for ownership of ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or Marketing, or
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience executing organic social
- 1+ years of experience in social media community
- Basic level of proficiency on posting to Facebook, Twitter,
Instagram, YouTube, and Tik Tok.
- Basic proficiency in social and search ad platforms – Facebook
Business Manager, Twitter Ads, and Google Ads.
- Basic level of proficiency in Google Analytics
- Basic level of proficiency in creating multimedia assets for
social media and digital ads (such as simple graphics, photo cards,
gifs, audio, and video). Special focus on creating Instagram Reels
and TikToks. Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop and After
Effects) is preferred.
- Passion for data and analytics, and preferably some training in
analytics or research (including SEO/SEM tools, Google Analytics,
social media channel analytics, marketing performance tools and
- Excellent writing skills and ability to compose compelling
- Strong initiative, a collaborative and hands-on approach,
attention to detail and the ability to work in fast-paced and
high-growth environment with challenging deadlines.
- Must be passionate about solving global hunger and be inspired
by the prospect of growing the audience awareness of World Food
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to the link
provided. No phone calls or agencies, please.
World Food Program USA is a nonprofit organization. This is
a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and
outstanding benefits. World Food Program USA is an equal