The Associate Director of the Oxy Fund for Class Giving will
report directly to the Director of the Oxy Fund and will work
closely with the entire Individual Giving team within Institutional
Advancement. This position will oversee the continued growth and
development of Oxy’s reunion giving program, which will include
management of each milestone reunion giving committee (5th through
50th). As the point person for all reunion giving efforts, the
Assoc. Director will recruit, train, and solicit reunion volunteer
giving committees, focusing on multi-year commitments. This
position will help plan, manage and execute Oxy’s annual giving
day: the Day For Oxy. This includes soliciting challenge gifts,
recruiting peer-to-peer advocates, and developing strategic
partnerships with staff/faculty, affinity groups, reunion classes,
and other key volunteer groups.
The Associate Director will also continue to build and manage
the Oxy Fund Council Executive Committee (OFCEC), which includes
leaders from the following volunteer cohorts: Parents Council, GOLD
Committee, Tiger Club Board, Reunion Giving Committees, and more.
The Associate Director will focus on all overarching programming,
fundraising solicitation strategies, and stewardship activities
related to OFCEC.
Reunion and Class Giving Campaigns (40%)
● Plan and implement all strategic fundraising initiatives related
to Alumni Reunion Weekend
fundraising efforts. Ensure such efforts are consistent with Oxy
Fund, Advancement, and Campaign goals.
● Recruit, manage, solicit, and steward each milestone reunion
giving committee. Develop
motivational fundraising campaigns that are powered by volunteers
and guided by IA staff.
● Develop customized appeals for each committee throughout the
fiscal year, and coordinate all types of fundraising communications
including peer-to-peer outreach, class emails and letters, and
● Work with Oxy Fund and Individual Giving colleagues to identify
key prospects for volunteer
leadership positions, and develop strategies around prospect
engagement and cultivation in a
leadership volunteer capacity.
● Work with all Reunion Giving and Planning Committees in
partnership with the Associate Director of Alumni & Parent
● Manage all philanthropic elements of Alumni Reunion Weekend
including the Oxy Fund Lounge, marketing materials, and volunteer
● Employ a system of metrics to determine effectiveness of reunion
campaign strategies, and measure success year over year.
Prepare and distribute reports on a regular basis to update
volunteers and staff on results of fundraising
● Solicit reunion giving volunteers and other members of reunioning
classes for leadership ($1,000) level gifts through in-person
visits, phone conversations, and email exchanges. Solicitations
should be focused on multi-year gifts as a way to raise
● Partner with Advancement Services staff to develop datasets that
support class giving goal-setting, historical data analysis,
and committee prospecting. Disseminate this information to reunion
giving committees as appropriate.
● Act as primary contact within the IA team for all class giving
initiatives, helping to set and track goals, provide volunteer
leaders with support needed to meet fundraising goals, and oversee
volunteer and donor stewardship in partnership with Donor Relations
and Stewardship staff.
Volunteer Program Management (25%)
● In partnership with the Director of The Oxy Fund, continue to
grow and manage the Oxy Fund Council Executive Committee (OFCEC),
cultivating and stewarding current members, recruiting
new members, and guiding strategy around volunteer
peer-to-peer fundraising efforts.
● Manage Oxy Fund colleagues who serve as liaisons to each
committee, to ensure a cohesive strategy across all committees
with the overarching goal of securing unrestricted dollars and
donors for the College.
● Work with Gift Officers to identify key prospects for volunteer
leadership positions, and develop strategies around prospect
engagement and cultivation in a leadership volunteer
● Plan and execute annual volunteer trainings, most predominantly
Volunteer Leadership Conferences (twice a year).
Work closely with the Institutional Advancement Campaign Team to
weave Campaign elements
throughout the volunteer program.
● Set up and implement Blackbaud volunteer module to better
facilitate volunteer outreach, track results, and collect data
around outreach efforts.
● Maintain a comprehensive reporting structure to measure growth
within the volunteer cohorts and measure the success of the
overall Oxy Fund volunteer program. Partner with the Director of
the Oxy Fund to ensure that goals and metrics align with
overall Oxy Fund and Campaign goals/priorities.
● Manage annual volunteer thank you project, ensuring that all
IA-managed volunteers are properly thanked and stewarded.
Day For Oxy and Affinity Fundraising
● In close partnership with the Director of the Oxy Fund and in
collaboration with Marketing and
Communications and Engagement Communications, manage the entire
scope of Day For Oxy
● Oversee volunteer-led fundraising drives for unrestricted
designations, including related appeals,
volunteer committees, and solicitations, to ensure that the
financial threshold is secured.
● Support all annual Oxy Fund appeals by helping to secure
signatories and develop content.
Additional duties as assigned (5%)
● 3-5 years of related development / fundraising experience.
● The following qualifications are strongly preferred:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, train, coach and
- Experience managing multi-layered projects from start to
- Professional experience in a higher education setting,
overseeing class giving, and/or managinga day of giving.
- Proficient in Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite,
especially Google Sheets and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Experience in personally soliciting gifts.
● Ability to work effectively in a team environment—with a mix of
faculty, parents, alumni and staff colleagues.
● Outstanding work organization and time management skills.
● Willingness to work evenings and weekends, and travel.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your
qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Additional Information Occidental is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or
applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy,
breastfeeding or related medical condition, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability,
mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or
information, military and veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Occidental is strongly committed to increasing the diversity of
the campus community and the curriculum, and to fostering an
inclusive, equitable, and just environment within which students,
staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Candidates who can
contribute to this goal through their work are encouraged to
identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals
advancing the College’s strategic equity and justice goals and
those from groups whose underrepresentation in the field are
particularly encouraged to apply.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. A
comprehensive benefits package is available that includes:
excellent health, dental, life, and retirement benefits; tuition
benefits for the employee, spouse, domestic partner, and
dependents; additional extras including use of gym facilities and
the College Library. For a detailed description of benefits, please
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment,
including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including
the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring
Occidental College is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualifying
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a
disability for any part of the application or employment process,
please contact Human Resources (email@example.com).
As a condition of hire for a staff position and for appointment
to a faculty position, Occidental College requires that all
candidates who have received a conditional offer of employment
complete an application form (if they have not already done so) and
consent to a background check. Satisfactory completion of a
background check, along with pre-employment verifications and
references are required as a condition of employment, but only as
permitted by federal, state, and local law, including the City of
Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.