The Foundation Senior Manager at the American
Academy of Audiology Foundation provides staff support for all
Foundation activities and serves as the staff liaison to the
Foundation Board and its related committees. The AAA
Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to serving those
with hearing and balance issues through research, education, and
public awareness. In conjunction with the Board, the Foundation
Senior Manager develops a strategy for raising the visibility of
the Foundation’s work and increasing donations and the percentage
of members who contribute, as well as develops a strategy to obtain
corporate contributions and grants to support the mission of the
Foundation. Also, the Foundation Senior Manager maintains the
Foundation budget and coordinates Academy resources needed to
support the Foundation. S/he is accountable for Board of
Trustees member engagement, Board member communications, and
technical assistance to Board members.
While the Foundation Senior Manager will have the support of
Academy staff, they will be the sole dedicated position to the
Foundation. The successful candidate will be a generalist
fundraiser with experience raising support for different revenue
streams. The right candidate should be looking for a role where
they can demonstrate and grow their ability to lead and think
strategically for organization setting a new course.
What you'll get to do:
Fundraising and Program Management
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy, including
revenue-generating initiatives and activities across multiple
streams including member fundraising, direct mail, digital appeals,
industry sponsorships, events, and other partnerships.
- Maintain or enhance existing grant-making/scholarship programs
and develop and implement new ones.
- Coordinate the Foundation’s activities related to the Academy’s
annual conference; work with Academy staff on logistics and
- Manage and execute core Foundation events.
- Maintain the Foundation Program Analysis using financial and
- Aid in the development of the Foundation annual budget and
assist in the reporting of financial data to the Board.
- Structure and facilitate Board of Trustees and committee
- Develop and lead Board on-boarding and training in fundraising
- Support individual Board members in their fulfillment of duties
to the AAA Foundation, including but not limited to providing ask
training, prospect research reports, compiling data, and drafting
template language for outreach.
Marketing and Communications
- Work with the Academy communications team to help promote the
Foundation as the philanthropic arm of the Academy.
- Work with the Academy communications to help create, develop,
and implement marketing and communications that advance the
Foundation’s fundraising efforts, recognize donors, and promote the
grant-making programs/scholarships and other AAAF activities.
- Help develop and coordinate impactful communication pieces
including the Annual Report, news articles, social media posts,
press releases, etc.
- Work with the Academy’s communications team to help maintain
the Foundation’s Web site and contribute to its content.
- Speak effectively before groups of members, potential donors,
or employees of corporate donors.
- Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with
all levels of management, staff, and Board.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five to seven years experience
managing a fundraising program, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of fundraising, marketing/communications,
and successful track record working with Boards and volunteer
leaders are required.
- Experience in grant writing and grant administration,
- Familiarity with volunteer and program management is
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources,
including major gifts from individuals, foundations and
- Excellent relationship-building skills with diverse
stakeholders, including funders, organizational leaders, and team
members at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, required.
Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills, required.
- Database management knowledge preferred.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with a generous match
How to Apply
Please send your resume, salary expectations, and a brief
statement of interest to Rebecca Lertora-