NPower is a national nonprofit 501(c) (3)
organization that seeks to empower under-resourced young adults and
military veterans to pursue tech futures by teaching the digital
and professional skills demanded by the marketplace. Our free,
award-winning, technology training programs provide in-demand
certifications within weeks, professional networking and mentorship
with business leaders, soft skills coaching, job placement
assistance and an opportunity for graduates to give back to the
program via our professional volunteer network.
In order to be the best version of NPower, we remain deeply
committed to our core values: Impact, Commitment, Integrity,
Diversity and Humility. We work together to transform lives and
strengthen communities, we are dedicated to the success of our
students, employees and stakeholders, we are transparent, honest
and ethical, we build respect, dignity, fairness and self-esteem
and we learn from mistakes and success in equal measure. There is
no endpoint to our work; we continuously strive to reach our full
The Development Director manages the regional fundraising plan,
incorporating multiple fundraising strategies and donor types
(individuals, corporations, foundations, government, etc.).
This position is responsible for identifying and cultivating
regional supporters of all types in coordination with and with the
support of a centralize NPower development staff. Manages
relationships and stewardship of major donors, foundations, and
elected officials with the geographic market they serve.
- Develop regional fundraising plan, incorporating multiple
fundraising strategies and donor types (individuals, corporations,
foundations, government, etc.)
- Identify and cultivate regional supporters of all types in
coordination with and with the support of NPower Network
- Manage relationships and stewardship of major donors,
foundations and elected officials.
- Develop regional schedule of activities and pipeline of
proposal submissions, including forecast of anticipated revenue –
update and review with Network development staff on a regular
- Identify local, state and government grant opportunities in
alignment with NPower’s mission.
- Coordinate with the central development staff to create the
required grant requests - assist with proposal submissions and
grant reporting as needed.
- Develop and manage regional fundraising, community and
- Partnership with the CA Executive Director to promote NPower in
- Represent NPower in the San Jose and LA communities and other
- Support the development activities in California as NPower
- Work with Network Development team to ensure that all regional
development activity is recorded accurately and completely in
Salesforce – review activity with Network team on a regular
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant, high-level fundraising
- Masters degree in related field is preferable.
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of workforce development
community and funders.
- Knowledge of and experience with government grant proposals and
reporting, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with the senior
leaders in public sector, major corporations, foundations and high
net worth individuals.
- Self-starter and ability to work autonomously without
- Strong organization and communication skills with excellent
attention to detail/follow through.
- Ability to work as a team player with virtual linkages.
- Positive, can do attitude and sense of urgency.
- Experience developing and/or managing a board of senior