Austin Preparatory School
Director of Annual Giving
The Director of Annual Giving reports to the Director of
Development and is responsible for the strategic execution and
management of a comprehensive annual giving program, including the
coordination and oversight of supporting initiatives in the areas
of development and donor relations. The Director of Annual
Giving provides strategic direction and long-range/short-range
planning for all these areas in the context of growing the annual
giving program while supporting the greater development and
campaign goals of the school.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the
- Support the School and its leadership in advancing the mission
of Austin Prep and safeguarding the School’s Roman Catholic
identity and Augustinian heritage.
- Design strategic and tactical plans, including solicitation
letters and pieces, for achieving these goals in collaboration with
the Director of Development.
- Create effective communication and solicitation activities
within specific market segments identified as having potential for
the greatest growth.
- Maintain high visibility in the School community, attending a
variety of student, parent, admissions, and alumni events.
- Oversee all annual giving and donor relations programs
including faculty/staff campaigns, parent class agent program,
senior gift and other solicitation activities.
- Supervise data entry, report writing and generation, gift
processing, donor stewardship, and all additional aspects of the
School’s constituent relations software.
- Collaborate in the formulation and execution of solicitations
supporting annual giving.
- Manage a prospect pool with annual goals for personal visits
and giving outcomes.
- Create, develop and execute a highly effective and sustainable
volunteer component within annual giving.
- Work effectively with leadership to gain strong participation
in annual giving and build strategies for moving donors to higher
- Identify corporate and foundation funding opportunities and
help draft grant applications.
- Pursue professional development opportunities to implement best
practices in alignment with the School’s pace of change and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
The successful candidate should possess the following
collection of skills, experience, and education:
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker capable of
understanding the full scope of an annual fund campaign while
seeing individual tasks through to completion.
- Must be able to manage several tasks simultaneously, possessing
an ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage
- High level of integrity and extraordinary work ethic
- Ability to build meaningful relationship with individuals for
purposes of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gifts to
- Ability to work creatively to match donor interests with the
- Proven leadership and ability to work collaboratively
throughout the School community to move projects forward.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and ability to speak and
- 5 – 7 years of successful direct fundraising experience, event
planning, and account management, preferably in an academic
- BA/BS degree required