WaterAid started in 1981 because no non-profit like it existed.
WaterAid is determined to make clean water, reliable toilets, and
good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation.
Since March 2020, the organization has scaled up their work in 30+
countries to respond to the Coronavirus pandemic. This
rapid-response work, building on strong track record in providing
critical water infrastructure, is how people can change their lives
for good. WaterAid tackles the issue from all angles. We work
with local partners to deliver clean water and decent toilets, and
promote good hygiene, and campaign to change normal for everyone,
WaterAid is seeking a Senior Manager, Annual Giving delivers
critical fundraising results by leading WaterAid America’s efforts
to grow transformational relationships with and support from
individual donors through high-impact and positive donor
engagement. The role works in close coordination across the
Philanthropy and Partnerships, Communications & Engagement, and
Data & Operations teams to retain, steward, and upgrade
WaterAid’s growing annual giving program. This role is responsible
for growing WaterAid America’s base of committed individual donors
by retaining and upgrading existing supporters, growing sustainers,
delivering positive and consistent donor engagement, and overseeing
day-to-day development operations, systems, and processes that
support this work. Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or minimum of 8+ years’ progressively
responsible fundraising experience in Annual Giving,
- Demonstrated experience, capacity, and enthusiasm to annually
raise $1M without a natural or local constituency (i.e.,
WaterAid does not have a membership, alumni, or volunteer base to
- Experience growing monthly giving programs (stewardship,
retention, and acquisition).
- Strong track record writing/creating effective fundraising
materials, for both offline and online audiences.
- Demonstrated success meeting annual fundraising targets and
leading the execution of high-impact online campaigns and
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and implement efficient and
sustainable fundraising strategies; ability to set short- and
long-term objectives that support organizational goals.
- Strong project management; excellent attention to detail;
ability to prioritize, manage, and execute numerous projects
simultaneously; think proactively and work independently.
- Strong analytical skills and a proficiency in MS Office
(especially Excel) with an appetite to continually learn and
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, MailChimp, or similar
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search