Mission: The Pennsylvania Innocence Project is
a non-profit, public interest legal organization dedicated to
exonerating those who have been wrongfully convicted of crimes they
did not commit and preventing innocent people from being convicted
in the future. That mission is coupled with training law students
and practicing lawyers to recognize and litigate valid innocence
claims and providing reentry services to innocent people who have
been exonerated to assist them in their transition home and back
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Development Director.
In partnership with the Executive Director, the Director of
Development is responsible for developing and implementing a
comprehensive fundraising program that drives growth and
sustainability for the organization. A successful candidate will
feel a strong sense of commitment to the mission of the
Pennsylvania Innocence Project.
- Assist Executive Director and Board in setting annual
fundraising and marketing goals
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations,
government resources, and corporations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of regular donor
- Oversee development and implementation of fundraising
- Assist with Board Development Committee and engaging Board
members in fundraising and special events
- Create regular development reports for the Executive Director
- Create solicitation materials for the fundraising team.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills
with a passion for social and racial justice. They will have
demonstrated success in all facets of fundraising including
individual and corporate giving, government and foundation grants
and special events. They will have experience in recruiting,
managing, motivating, and engaging board members in fundraising.
Sensitivity to the unique needs facing exonerees who have spent
years wrongly incarcerated is required.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year institution is
required, Certificate in fundraising management is helpful.
Five years Development experience including experience with
fundraising software and familiarity with budgeting and financial
reporting is required. Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal
skills are essential.
We strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to
apply for this position and invite you to share with us your
thoughts on how your background and experiences can contribute to
the diversity, vitality, and cultural perspective of our staff,
clients, and services.
Salary: $70,000- $85,000, based on
experience, with benefits.
- Cover letter
- 3 References