Description of the mission
This job offer is eligible to candidates authorized to work in
the United States only.
The employer is the American organization "Friends of Fondation
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors. This
person coordinates and cooperates directly with the Head of
international philanthropy at Fondation de France. The Executive
Director works closely with the NY-based administrator of Friends
of Fondation de France for the daily management of the
The Executive Director has a broad range of leadership and
oversight responsibilities, including but not limited to:
Leadership and Growth of the
- Lead the development of the growth strategy.
- Implement the strategic decisions and follow-up actions decided
by the Board.
Communication and Public Relations
- Serve as an external face for the organization’s stakeholders,
the media, and the public, and manage the promotion of the
- Initiate and foster partnerships with the philanthropy sector
(grant-making foundations, and other affinity organizations).
- Develop and execute communications strategies.
- Identify, retain and manage tools and vendors to grow donor
base and impact.
Donor Relations and Stewardship:
- Manage and cultivate strategic relationships with key
- Help donors support trusted French charities.
- Grow the donor base
Charities Advisory and Grant
- Provide ad-hoc advice for potential charities partners.
- Ensure the efficiency of Friends of Fondation de France
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Previous experience in a leadership role. 7+ years experience
- Appropriate advanced degree desirable.
- Fluent in both English and French.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in both the U.S. and French
- Willingness to travel in the US and to France (up to 25% of the
- Strong aptitude for verbal and written communication,
presentation, and relationship development. Strong public speaking
- Proven experience soliciting and closing gifts and grants
writing/reporting in the nonprofit sector.
Applicants can send their resume and cover letter in French
or English. First interviews will be held in French only.
Founded in 2000, Friends of Fondation de France creates an
ecosystem of mutual support, innovation and ambition between US
based donors and French charities. The organization is active in
all areas of the common good: culture & heritage, education,
research, social issues, international development, disaster
relief, and the environment.
Friends of Fondation de France works closely with Fondation de
France, the leading philanthropy network in France, and the largest
grant-making organization of the country.
Friends of Fondation de France is at a pivotal moment in the
organization’s history, and is poised for growth. The Executive
Director is a newly created position, and the first permanent