Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law
organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting
cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the
strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve
magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to
combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups,
supporters, individuals, and communities to engage the critical
environmental issues of our time and bring about positive change.
We are guided by a passionate, ambitious vision for the future for
people and our planet: until justice stands for all, we will never
rest. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record
of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We
achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a
healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with
offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Honolulu,
New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, Chicago, and
As part of the Development Department, the Donor Marketing and
Engagement team (DME) produces best in class engagement
opportunities, personalized stewardship, and compelling
communications for Earthjustice supporters.
The Donor Communications & Council Associate works under the
supervision of the Associate Director, Earthjustice Council in a
dynamic role that provides programmatic assistance and project
administration to the Donor Marketing and Engagement team with a
primary focus on supporting the donor communications sub-team and
the Earthjustice Council. This position requires a self‐starter
with strong interpersonal skills who can work both collaboratively
This successful candidate can work from the San Francisco, CA
office, remote from the Bay Area, or remote from the New York City
Project Administration and Communications
- Collaboration with the Associate Director of Donor
Communications to execute donor marketing and communications
- Assist with the development and management of production of the
Annual Report, campaign publications, brochures, newsletters, and
mailings targeted for major donors.
- Support the production of other collateral materials and
outreach pieces – both printed and digital – including event
invitations, webpages, presentations, promotional videos, and other
communications vehicles aimed at a broad range of donors,
developing, and overseeing timelines, coordinating review of
materials and production.
- Work with major gifts, direct marketing, and planned gifts
teams, relevant program and PAL staff, and other key stakeholders
on delivering donor cultivation and stewardship materials.
- Manage and maintain donor communications writing library.
- Provide additional project administration to the donor
communications team as assigned.
Council Program Support (40%)
- Collaboration with the Associate Director, Earthjustice for
administrative support of Council program.
- Assist in management of council committees, working groups
through document maintenance, scheduling, notetaking and follow
- Responsible for recordkeeping, database management, Council
webpage and intranet site (Atlas) maintenance.
- Assist in marketing, outreach, and recruitment efforts.
- Proofread and edit internal and external documents.
- Provide additional project administration to the Council
program as assigned.
DME Team Administrative Support (20%)
- Collaboration with the Senior Director of Donor Marketing and
Engagement for team administrative support.
- Oversight of DME team meeting calendar and assist with agenda
- Schedule annual DME team retreats, assist with agenda
development, and manage retreat logistics (lunch orders, site
- Manage logistics for any DME team-related outings (field trips,
- Develop and maintain DME team intranet page (Atlas).
- Provide additional team-wide administrative support as
Continued Learning (10%)
- Participate in organization-wide initiatives and trainings that
contribute to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive
work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
- Utilize internal and external resources to support a personal
and professional development journey that increases awareness and
sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse
cultures, backgrounds, and orientations.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years’ experience in a non-profit
- Demonstrated experience supporting and interacting with
volunteer leadership or donors.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including ability to handle
multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritize assignments.
- Superior communication skills, including in written
correspondence, reports, and other print collateral.
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information
and communicate it in an understandable manner, vocally and in
- Meticulous attention to detail, including excellent
proofreading and copy-editing skills.
- Familiarity with print design and publishing practices a
- Familiarity with InDesign a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Working knowledge of a constituent relationship management
(CRM) system or donor database such as the Raiser’s Edge or
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people,
including donors, volunteers, the public, and staff.
- A valid U.S. drivers license is required in the state you're
- Background and/or interest in environmental issues
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and
concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds, and
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and
inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a
competitive compensation package including excellent
benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and
highly values diversity.
Salary is based on experience and
Salary range in San Francisco, CA or Remote from New York
City area: $62,000 - $68,800
Interested applicants should submit the following
by September 30th, 2021:
Please reach out to email@example.com if
you are having technical difficulties submitting your application.
No phone calls, drop-ins, or hard copies. Earthjustice only accepts
resumes submitted for positions that are currently open.
Unsolicited resumes, or resumes for posted positions that are not
submitted via the on-line application process (where available),
will not be reviewed or retained.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership
and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of
perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain
an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment
practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment
are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race,
color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not
related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San
Francisco Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we
will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will
consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for