The Development Associate/Grant Writer is primarily responsible
for developing proposals, applications, and inquiries, persuasively
communicating CCI Health & Wellness Services mission and
services/programs to funders. Reporting to the Associate
Development Director, the Grant Writer will assemble and submit
grant requests, establish and maintain personal relationships with
foundations and corporate contacts, and conduct prospect
KEY FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing & writing grant proposals to foundations,
corporations & government agencies.
- Communicating CCI Health & Wellness Services mission,
services, and programs to potential funders persuasively.
- Assembling & submitting grant requests, including letters
of support, proposals, & presentations.
- Editing and proofreading grant proposals and other
communications to detect and correct errors in spelling,
punctuation, and syntax; and to improve clarity and
- Condensing population/patient statistics into persuasive visual
or written formats for fundraising communications and grant
- Conducting grants and prospective donor research, remaining
cognizant of CCI needs.
- Managing and creating development communications, including
monthly email newsletters, social media posts, reports, quarterly
newsletters, acknowledgements for charitable gifts, appeal letters,
- Monitoring trends & continuing education in fundraising
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects in a timely manner
throughout the entire grants process.
- Working collaboratively and communicating effectively with CCI
Leadership (managers and directors) to produce external
communications and proposal content.
- Working on-site is an essential duty for the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Writing and research skills
- Federal, State, Foundation grant writing & research
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability to listen and develop information into grant
- Ability to codify ideas into coherently written text
- Ability to work collaboratively across topics
- Ability to operate personal computer, with various software
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain accurate
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Time Management
- A Bachelor’s degree, and 2+ years of experience in a writing
- Relevant experience in public health or healthcare-related
grant writing is preferred but not required.
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding
proposals in a clear, concise and compelling manner. Excellent
writing and analytical skills are essential.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly
organized, and have experience using online databases and other
sources for prospect research.
- A high level of computer literacy required.
- Candidate must possess an ability to work well under pressure,
synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct