The Winkler Group is seeking an experienced fundraising
professional to serve as senior campaign consultant.
Headquartered in Charleston, SC, the Winkler Group is a national
full-service fundraising firm that specializes in customized
capital campaigns, planning studies, and strategic fundraising
planning. Through our servant leadership model, Winkler Group
clients achieve an average of 117% of capital campaign
goals. The firm has experienced growth in each of
its sixteen years and is today one of the most respected firms
of its kind in the country.
With degrees from schools such as Duke, Dartmouth, Wheaton, and
William and Mary, and experience as CEOs, vice presidents of
advancement, chief development officers, directors of development,
and major gift officers, our consulting team represents the best
and the brightest in the profession.
The Winkler Group serves leading academic institutions, national
and international charities, civic and human service organizations,
hospitals, as well as cultural organizations. Winkler Group
consultants have served on capital campaign teams raising more than
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- An attitude and work ethos of servant leadership.
- 10 years of professional fundraising experience, with
demonstrated experience leading capital campaigns.
- Ability and success in identifying, cultivating, and securing
- Attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and
ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence to work
effectively with board members, executive leadership, staff,
volunteers, donors and prospects.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team in dynamic,
rapidly changing environment.
- Self-starter, energetic, flexible, and adaptable
- Exceptional quantitative, qualitative, and analytical
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, various donor database
software, web applications, and knowledgeable about the role of
technology and electronic communication in fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree and/or CFRE
- Flexibility to start immediately.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The senior campaign consultant must work collaboratively with
clients to identify, design, implement, and manage customized plans
and solutions for fundraising initiatives. The senior
campaign consultant will be expected to travel each week to provide
on-site leadership to clients. A sampling of
responsibilities during a client’s engagement may include:
Planning Studies and Capital
- Serve as lead counsel on planning studies and capital
- Develop customized campaign plans, solutions, and
- Craft individual cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Create campaign documents, policies and procedures, and
- Set campaign direction and manage day-to-day operations.
- Direct identification, research, evaluation, cultivation,
stewardship and tracking of prospects and donors.
- Lead regular campaign meetings with executive leadership and
- Lead, manage, and motivate volunteer committees, activities,
and training programs.
- Provide regular and consistent campaign progress reports.
Strategic Planning and Development Assessments
- Conduct personal interviews with key internal and external
- Track quantitative and qualitative findings.
- Analyze planning study results, organizational structure,
strategies, staffing, resources, budget, volunteer support, and
- Prepare customized written analysis and recommendations.
- Deliver findings to executive leadership.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS &
The Winkler Group
offers a starting salary range of $80,000-$90,000 with opportunity
for bonuses and advancement. A generous benefits package
includes medical, vacation, sick leave and holidays. The
consultant must be based in the Southeastern United States or be
willing to relocate to the region.
resume, cover letter, recent salary history, and references to
Human Resources at: email@example.com.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.