- Develop and execute a plan to bring donors to the College and
the University through active use of the development process,
including solicitation of major gifts.
- Secure a minimum of $1M per fiscal year in major gifts aimed at
meeting the strategic goals of the College’s leadership, its
programs, disciplines, and the University, with an expectation of
meeting all metrics agreed upon with supervisor.
- In consultation with the Chief Development Officer, the Dean,
and the Associate Vice President of Development, identify and
establish personal contact with current and prospective major
and/or planned gift donors whose interest and financial capacity
have the greatest likelihood of meeting the College and
University’s fundraising goals.
- Frequent travel and/or evening and weekend duties are
- Orchestrate and execute the advancement of relationships with
prospective donors through appropriate stages of qualification,
cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Collaborate and build working relationships with advancement
colleagues, the College’s academic leadership and staff to optimize
- Manage goals and targeted objectives to effectively advance
toward successful solicitation of major and/or planned gifts.
- Coordinate, host, and/or participate in
College/University/Development-related programs/activities and
create supportive material/information, as needed.
- Become familiar with and understand key initiatives of the
College and University.
- Ensure effective records maintenance, including timely filing
of requests for prospect assignments, prospect strategies and
contact reports, using Purdue University’s prospect management
- Report regularly on the progress toward the Unit’s annual
- Become adept at using Salesforce and other programs in support
of major gift discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with the programs across the College of Pharmacy is
desired but not a requirement.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including
the ability to speak before large groups.
- Ability to articulate the mission of Purdue University and
Purdue Research Foundation as needed.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders from a wide range of
professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to use good judgment, diplomacy, maintain
confidentiality and represent the University with tact and
diplomacy at all times.
- Possess initiative, strategic thinking skills, and the ability
to collaborate effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent relationship building and organizational skills as
well as the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Must have strong problem solving and decision-making skills, as
well as attention to detail.
- Desire to continuously improve professional competency through
participation in professional development opportunities.
- Ability to learn and use the campus-wide CRM, Microsoft Outlook
and Office Suite.
- Regular and reliable attendance are requirements of this
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One to three years of experience in fund development, including
solicitation of major gifts and/or related work experience as a
- Experience in higher education or other non-profit
organizations is desired but not a requirement.
If you are interested in applying, please click here to begin
the process: https://www.applyatprf.com.The
application deadline is Friday, October 8, 2021. A criminal
conviction check and negative controlled substance test are
required for employment in this position. Purdue Research
Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
PRF views, evaluates, and treats all persons in all
Foundation-related activities solely as individuals on the basis of
their own personal abilities, qualifications, and other relevant
characteristics. All qualified applicants for employment will
receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color,
gender, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital
status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, or status as a veteran.