Communications / PR / Marketing
Meet fascinating people, tell great stories and do work that makes
As Bucknell University's Advancement Writer, you'll showcase your
creativity, collaborative spirit, and interviewing and research
ability to create editorial content that supports Bucknell's
campaign, fundraising, development and stewardship goals.
You'll work as a core member of the Division of Communications, a
talented team that creates impactful messaging across print and
digital media. You'll also partner with colleagues in the Division
of University Advancement to devise and create content that
communicates the impact of philanthropy at Bucknell.
If you're interested in joining this enthusiastic and dynamic team,
please submit your application, resume and cover letter along with
three writing samples. At least one should be a published profile
that showcases your skills at turning an interview into a
compelling snapshot of an individual person.
This position will be considered for remote work pending
approval of the specific work location in compliance with
University's HR and Payroll requirements.
The Advancement Writer focuses on creating editorial content that
supports Bucknell University's campaign, fundraising, advancement
and stewardship efforts and goals. This position is part of a
highly collaborative creative team charged with implementing the
University's marketing and communications strategies across print
and digital media. The Advancement Writer reports to the Associate
Director of Editorial Strategy within the Division of
Communications and is dedicated to working closely with colleagues
in the Division of University Advancement.
The Advancement Writer creates content that is compelling and
persuasive, adopting appropriate writing styles for an array of
constituencies and goals that support strategies set by the
Division of University Advancement. The Advancement Writer is an
efficient collaborator with excellent communication skills and the
desire to contribute to a positive, innovative culture within the
context of a fun, fast-paced environment. The Advancement Writer
shares their own perspectives, learns from the perspectives of
others and contributes to a culture of diversity and
● Research and write engaging,
accurate and persuasive copy that speaks to targeted, key
University constituencies, including compelling and creative
narratives that communicate the impact of philanthropy at
● Develop and write comprehensive, strategic print and digital
pieces to effectively promote University Advancement's fundraising
initiatives, including those that are customized to individual
● In conjunction with the Associate Vice President for Strategic
Philanthropy, conceptualize, research, write and edit gift
proposals for individual donors, as well as case statements,
concept papers, donor correspondence, fundraising collateral and
● Cultivate sources and identify content to meet strategic
advancement communications needs.
● Interview and communicate with key University stakeholders,
including major donors and University leadership.
● Work closely with Communications colleagues to produce
compelling, error-free pieces that advance development strategies
and align with University brand guidelines.
● Work closely with University Advancement on impact reporting for
initiatives, milestones, and individual donors and funds as
● Copyedit fundraising and stewardship materials as needed.
● Serve as a project manager and liaison with University
Advancement to create advancement website content.
● Adhere to and promote the University's marketing and branding
standards and strategies.
● Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of,
respect for and development of skills to engage with those of other
cultures and backgrounds.
● At least two years professional writing experience within
advancement, development or fundraising communications for a
college, university, foundation or nonprofit
● Excellent research, interviewing, writing and editing skills as
well as demonstrated grammatical and proofreading skills
● Proficiency with Associated Press style
● Familiarity with philanthropy and major gift fundraising
● Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet
● Higher education
● Working knowledge of Drupal content management system
● Working knowledge of Emma email marketing software
● Working knowledge of Blackbaud records management software
● Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, marketing,
communications or a related field
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496848/advancement-writer