We are currently recruiting for an Associate Director, Corporate
and Foundation Relations . The person in this position will lead
Gladstone's efforts to generate additional philanthropic support
from corporations and foundations. Key priorities will be enhancing
the stewardship of Gladstone's current corporate and foundation
supporters as well as broadening the base of institutional
benefactors. This person will work closely with senior leaders at
Gladstone, scientific colleagues, development officers and
volunteers to ensure that they are executing on the most
value-added activities, donors and prospects are receiving the
attention they need, and Gladstone's fundraising goals have a high
probability of being achieved. Incumbents will play a critical role
in developing complex proposals for individual donors, corporations
The Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations will
focus on identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and
stewarding corporate and foundation relationships, with a
particular focus on mid-tier (e.g., AUM $10MM to $100MM) family
foundations. This is a vitally important role in Gladstone's
Corporate and Foundation Relations:
- Lead and manage the corporate and foundation relations program
at Gladstone Institutes.
- Work with leadership, scientific colleagues, philanthropy team
members and volunteers to increase financial support from
corporations and foundations.
- Broaden Gladstone's mid-tier (e.g. AUM of $10 to $100MM) family
foundation prospect base, overseeing research and strategy
development efforts in this area.
- Manage an active portfolio of some of Gladstone's most
important corporate and or foundation prospects to identify,
cultivate, solicit, and steward their support, which may include
gifts, sponsored research and/or in-kind donations.
- Develop and manage a highly customized stewardship program for
Gladstone's top 15 corporate and foundation donors.
- Develop and builds a network of individuals doing similar work
in a related field, ideally biomedical research.
- Demonstrated success in creating proposals for major and
principal gift donors, including individual, corporate and
- Experience collaborating with colleagues effectively on
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in managing corporate and
foundation relationships in nonprofit fundraising environment,
ideally for an institution in the healthcare / biomedical research
- Demonstrated effectiveness in corporate and/or foundation
prospect identification, relationship building and
- Proven track record of stewarding corporate and foundation
- Ability to translate complex concepts into compelling
- Ability to work effectively with leadership, colleagues and
- Experience fundraising for STEM, biomedical research and
diversity, equity and inclusion programs is strongly
- Strong customer service orientation and follow through.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work successfully in teams and under own initiative
while juggling multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- A commitment to promoting and supporting an environment of
diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to prepare and present information in various report
- Strong knowledge of Excel and relational databases.
- Expert knowledge of research tools and industry best
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference
will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.