Mid-America Arts Alliance (M-AAA) has an exceptional opportunity
for an experienced and detailed oriented full-time Grant Writer.
The Grant Writer works closely with the Director of Development and
other staff to meet our annual fundraising goals. The ideal
candidate will have the ability to set priorities, exercise sound
judgment, and work intuitively. Priority will be given to
candidates who have experience effectively managing several
projects at the same time. The Grant Writer reports to the Director
of Development. This position is for a remote worker within the
Mid-America Arts Alliance is headquartered in the Crossroads
Arts District of Kansas City, Missouri. M-AAA brings more art to
more people in communities throughout our six-state region
(Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas) and the
nation. With an annual operating budget of over $5 million and 28
staff members we produce and manage more than 450 exhibition,
performance, and professional development opportunities in more
than 300 communities for more than one million people
- Conduct the full range of activities required to accurately
prepare, submit, and manage compelling grant proposals and reports
in accordance with each grant-making organization’s preferences and
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to
evaluate new funding opportunities, as requested.
- Work with program, finance, and executive staff to aid in the
crafting of proposals and reports.
- Acquire and maintain a deep understanding of the organization’s
institutional history, range of programs and services, and future
- Provide stewardship to current and prospective donors,
including regular written updates and final reports to funders as
- Maintain accurate records in fundraising database and
departmental paper and digital files, including submission,
tracking, and reporting deadlines.
- Maintain grant calendar with proposal and reporting due
- Process grant acknowledgements with timely correspondence.
- Meeting deadlines
- Effective working relationships with all internal divisions and
- Accurate and complete documentation of grants.
- Quality of written materials.
Most work is of a sedentary nature, sitting at a desk using a
computer, phone and other office equipment. Work requires extensive
correspondence, data input, researching and evaluating of a variety
of materials. While a majority of work occurs in relation to a
long-term plan, the individual will be required to be flexible to
changing priorities and additional projects that can require to
work more than 40 hours per week and the ability to manage short
- Minimum 5 years’ experience grant writing
- Exemplary writing skills (work samples will be required upon
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Experience working in the arts (in fundraising or any other
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, and manage multiple
- Fastidious attention to detail and meeting deadlines
The salary range for this position is $53,000-$58,000.
Mid-America Arts Alliance is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status.