This position is responsible for leading the accounting and
financial functions and serving as treasurer. Also serves the
same functions for two affiliated corporations: the National
Center for Advanced Technologies (NCAT) and the National Institute
for Aerospace Studies and Services (NIASS). This position has full
responsibility for all aspects of financial management and
reporting for each organization and directs the accounting and
finance department. Reporting directly to this position are the
Director of Financial Services and all of the outsourced financial
and accounting services.
The incumbent provides advice and guidance to all association
vice presidents and division directors in the operation of AIA
programs. Serves as staff liaison to one standing board
committee: Finance Committee. Informs members of the
Committee of their responsibilities; develops criteria for
selection of nominees and answers questions about the selection
process. Meets with Finance Committee, the COO and CEO/President to
review investments, budget, and other financial matters;
participates in committee deliberations.
This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Office but
directly interacts with the CEO/President and with the division
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for managing the Association's
business operations and for the efficient management of several
central administrative functions and services including financial
services, accounting, purchasing and acquisition, contract
management, payroll, rental and lease management, and corporate
financial records. The incumbent provides advice and guidance
to all association vice presidents and division directors in the
operation of AIA programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serves as staff liaison to one standing board committee:
Finance Committee. Informs members of the Finance Committee
of their responsibilities; and answers questions about AIA
financial situation. Prepares committee reports and
communicates results to members.
- Ensures financial well-being of the organization by providing
financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth
plans, and directing staff.
- Develops and implements finance organizational strategies by
contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and
recommendations to strategic thinking and direction and
establishing functional objectives in line with organizational
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating
trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production,
productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing
systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; and
- Develops organization efficiencies by identifying opportunities
for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; and
accumulating capital to fund expansion.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital,
facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources;
and developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing
results, initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment
opportunities and maintaining relationships with the investment
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts, reporting
results, analyzing variances, and developing improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations,
participating in educational opportunities, reading professional
publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in
- Develops relationships with member companies to further AIA
strategic financial and business goals.
- Financial planning and strategy
- Strategic planning and vision
- Quality management
- Promotion of process improvement
- Corporate finance; non-profit finance a plus
- Budget development
- Risk management
- Payroll processing review and approval
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent business writing skills with an ability to
communicate in written form to different audiences with minimal
- Excellent oral presentation skills with an ability to
communicate to different audiences with minimal oversignt
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in accounting and financial
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Proficiency with accounting software, word processing, and
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills.
- Knowledge of contracting and terms, contract review, and
- Experience in the oversight of business insurance and risk
- MBA or bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant certification a plus.
To Apply, please send the following documents
AIA is proud to be committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity/expression or Veteran
status. Consistent with these policies, we strongly believe
that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that
will consistently lead to a better organization and better results.
We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever
we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider
becoming a part of it.