The Senior Director, Corporate Sponsorship Sales is responsible
for identifying and securing sponsorship and corporate partnership
opportunities for 92Y to support programming and initiatives across
the institution. Through the identification and successful
engagement of brands, agencies and corporate entities, the Senior
Director will oversee the sustained growth of brand partnerships
and sponsorship agreements across 92Y, ensuring all targets for
this important revenue stream are met. Reporting to the Vice
President, Foundation and Corporate Philanthropy, the Senior
Director will be responsible for the delivery of new and innovative
sponsorship offerings and agreements that maximize engagement
opportunities across 92Y, with a focus on generating
cross-departmental opportunities and long-term corporate
- Develop and lead on the creation of a cohesive and robust
strategic sponsorship framework, including developing sponsorship
and marketing policies and asset identification and
- Deliver sustained contributed revenue growth from the creation
and execution of innovative, scalable brand sponsorship agreements
and corporate commitments to ensure that quarterly and annual
financial targets are achieved.
- Manage all sponsorship program activities including
prospecting, sales and negotiation, proposal development, sponsor
activations, servicing and relationship management.
- Work closely with 92Y’s Development team, including the Special
Events and Nursery School teams, to maximize corporate support
across programming areas and to ensure a coordinated approach to
prospecting and securing sponsorship support.
- Build and cultivate relationships with brands, agencies and
corporate entities, while maintaining existing relationships with
current brands and corporate sponsors.
- Identify, develop and package sponsorship opportunities arising
from current and future programming activities by engaging 92Y’s
Program Center Directors. Ensure fulfillment of sponsorship
contracts based on sponsorship agreements.
- Ensure that all sponsorship agreements align with 92Y’s aims,
values and ethical standards and work closely with Chief Legal
Officer to complete required legal and compliance reviews and sign
- Review, analyze and evaluate each sponsorship agreement to
identify future growth opportunities and to achieve optimum levels
of return sponsors.
- Manage relationships with external consultants.
- Undertake other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years of experience in corporate sponsorship or partnership
sales in a nonprofit and/or agency environment.
- Relationship builder with an active network of contacts across
high profile brands, agencies, and organizations.
- Proven track record of success in leading the development and
sale of sponsorship agreements.
- Strong knowledge of the sponsorship ecosystem and experience
with brand activations and sponsorship execution.
- Strong contract negotiation skills accompanied with the ability
to provide strategic and creative direction.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and proactive, but also a
strong team player.
- Strong and dynamic presentation and communication skills.
- Capable of multitasking and working in a fast-paced complex
Please note that to be considered for this
opportunity a personalized cover letter is required along with a
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER