What started as a small group of families gathered around a
kitchen table in 1979 has blossomed into the nation’s leading voice
on mental health. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is
the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization
dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans
affected by mental illness.
Today, we are an alliance of hundreds of local affiliates, state
organizations and a national office who work in communities across
the United States to raise awareness and provide support and
education that was not previously available to those in need. NAMI
advocates for all who are affected by mental illness, both the
individuals and the people in their lives. In particular, we work
to address disparities and injustices and to promote dignity and
inclusion for all people with mental illness and their families. In
addition to being advocates, we educate, we listen, and we lead as
evidenced by our public awareness campaigns, the range of numerous
programs we provide, and our strong public policy.
We currently have an opening for a Director, Individual Giving
& Development. The Director provides leadership over the
individual donor program; and works to meet or exceed individual
donor revenue targets. The Director is responsible for the overall
direction and strategic success of individual donor relations and
is responsible for working in a cross- collaborative and matrix
team in support of team outcomes.
This position may be remote.
Salary: Up to $105,000, depending upon
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for delivering on
NAMI’s individual donor revenue targets.
- Direction and oversight of individual giving functions,
including direct and digital marketing strategy, donor stewardship,
major donor relation, mid-level donor relations and planned giving
- Conducts personal outreach through visits, calls, and emails to
prospective and major donors, and supports organizational
leadership in doing the same.
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager, Grants, prepares
proposals and other funding materials, in close coordination with
program staff and organizational leadership.
- Plans and executes an annual fundraising plan for meeting
- Identifies and implements new fundraising strategies and
- Ensures development operations follow best practices.
- Leads and manages a team of development professionals.
- Works closely with the CDO, CEO and other senior leaders
- Develops and manages the Development Program budget and
establishes annual revenue projections
- Advanced Fundraising skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 – 10 years related experience
- Computer skills in MS Office, and public records search;
- Excellent skill in communication in English, both written and
NAMI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive
workforce. NAMI prohibits
discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth
or related medical conditions, genetic information or any other
legally protected group status. We also provide reasonable
accommodation for candidates with