Marketing & Communications Coordinator
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator supports the Senior
Manager, Marketing and Membership in executing all membership and
marketing recruitment, retention, and engagement projects and
campaigns across direct mail, print, email/web, collateral, and
events. This person will also help support the communications and
web team with developing internal and external material and
communications to enhance SHAPE America’s outreach and image.
Reports to the Senior Manager, Marketing and Membership.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
1. Assist with the implementation of a multi-channel marketing and
communications plan for SHAPE America programs, products, and
• Manage various email campaigns, including scheduling, template
designs, calls-to-action, and content used in the SHAPE America
• Coordinate in-house advertising for web, and
• Write and submit membership and marketing copy as necessary for
SHAPE America’s emails, website, other in-house publications or
event promotional material.
• Help Membership & Marketing Department implement and uphold
brand look and messaging across SHAPE America.
• Work with staff and outside vendors, including graphic designers,
printers, mail houses and promotional product companies.
2. Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing
• Maintain and optimize automated drip and nurture email campaigns
that target all stages of the member lifecycle, from new prospects
to engagement to lapsed members.
• Help grow new leads by converting site traffic through
calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content.
• Assist Senior Manager, Marketing Communications with driving
traffic to the SHAPE America website through placements on other
websites, blogs, and newsletters.
• Help drive traffic to the SHAPE America website through the use
of video as well as engaging and branded graphics on social
3. Identify opportunities to cross-promote and cross-sell
• Integrate the SHAPE America content/editorial calendar into
promotion efforts that attract a qualified audience to our owned
properties (including blog posts, e-guides, podcasts, posters,
webinars, infographics, etc.).
• Coordinate with fundraising team on recruitment and promotion
efforts for the health. moves. minds. program.
• Provide promotional materials for SHAPE America state affiliates
for their conferences, workshops, newsletters and journals.
4. Collect and analyze data to measure success.
• Review and analyze statistics related to email and web-based
marketing and communications to improve the effectiveness of future
marketing efforts and make recommendations on areas for
• Provide reporting to various departments on email, website,
convention, sales, membership, and mobile app analytics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications
• 1-3 years of experience in member marketing/communications,
member relations, association management, program/product
• Prior experience using Informz or similar preferred.
• Working knowledge of HTML.
• Excellent written and oral communication required.
• Familiarity with APA editorial style.
• Excellent project management and organization skills; ability to
prioritize and effectively see tasks through to conclusion.
• Attention to detail and strong follow up.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and deadlines
• Proven ability to work independently.
• Have a positive “can-do” attitude and a true passion for what you
SHAPE America is a fully remote organization. Minimal travel is
required for meetings and/or national convention.
Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
To apply for this position, send a cover letter, resume, and
desired salary to: email@example.com.
SHAPE America is wholly dedicated to recruiting, developing, and
retaining a diverse group of talented people. We are committed to
provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected
criteria, in accordance with applicable law.