Lycoming College is now accepting applications for a Senior
Major Gift Officer. Senior Major Gift Officers are
responsible for raising financial support for Lycoming College’s
educational mission by soliciting individuals and organizations for
annual, major, and planned gifts. This person will work
closely with the Assistant Vice President for Major & Planned
Gifts to manage the establishment, cultivation, and stewardship of
relationships with individuals interested and capable of making
outright or planned gifts of $25,000 or more to the College.
In addition, this position serves as a resource to other gift
officers in crafting solicitation strategies and facilitating
effective prospect management.
Some duties and responsibilities for this position will include
but are not limited to:
- Soliciting major and planned gifts of $25,000+ for capital
needs, special programs and endowments as well as leadership gifts
to the Lycoming Fund.
- Conduct 100+ personal or virtual visits annually from a
portfolio of up to 150 assigned prospects.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of capital
campaigns, fundraising strategies and initiatives, development
events, management of volunteers, and special projects as
- Attend all staff, front line officer and major and planned gift
- Efficient and responsible management of travel scheduling and
use of Major and Planned Gifts program budget.
- Contact a variety of alumni and friends in addition to assigned
prospects through written correspondence, telephone calls and
participation in special events such as Homecoming and Family
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s
Experience / Qualifications:
- Proven success in fundraising (minimum of 5 years); higher
education experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially
listening skills for discerning donors’ interests and
- High motivation for success coupled with diplomacy, tact, and
consistent follow through.
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with others and a
capacity for engaging confidence and trust among prospects and
- Understanding of and appreciation for the mission of a small,
liberal arts and sciences college.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle
multiple tasks at one time.
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- A valid PA driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to
the College’s insurer
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evening and weekend
hours in addition to the regular weekday.
Submit a cover letter, resume, along with three professional
references. A post offer pre-employment criminal background
check, drug-screening and motor vehicle check will be
Founded in 1812, Lycoming College is one of the nation’s
oldest and most respected residential liberal arts colleges.
Lycoming is ranked by Forbes as a Top ROI College and by The
Princeton Review as one of The 386 Best Colleges. Lycoming
College’s strong endowment-per-student and fiscal acumen provide
the foundation to support a first-rate undergraduate education. The
College is dedicated to providing a high-quality liberal arts and
sciences education including more than 100 majors, minors, and
concentrations. Our community of scholars collaborates with and
mentors our diverse student body of 1,200 active learners,
including 37 percent international and domestic students of color,
representing 39 states, territories, and countries. Students
compete in 17 NCAA Division III sports, participate in
faculty-driven research, thrive in a robust program of internships,
and study abroad in more than two dozen countries. Lycoming is
located in Williamsport, PA, a city rich in the arts and ideally
situated for outdoor recreation. Williamsport is the site of a
world-class healthcare system (UPMC Susquehanna), modern
manufacturing, federal offices and county seat, energy and natural
gas resources, and home to and the birthplace of the Little League
World Series. Learn more at www.lycoming.edu.
Lycoming College proudly celebrates and values diversity. We
are committed to fostering an inclusive campus community supporting
all faculty, staff, and students. We encourage applications from
candidates with diverse backgrounds and all who are interested in
supporting and contributing to our mission. Lycoming College is an
equal opportunity employer.