Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger
and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses
to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and
Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood
hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food
they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way
to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold,
creative, always open to new ideas and 100% dedicated to our
mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider
becoming part of our team.
The Database Administration Coordinator, working under the
supervision of the Associate Director, Database Administration,
will be responsible for accurate and timely data entry. Additional
responsibilities include assisting the Associate Director, Database
Administration and Manager, Database Administration with RE NXT and
Luminate database cleanup, list production, biographical updates,
and routine administrative support. The Coordinator will understand
best practices in data management, be able to identify and adapt to
shifting priorities, be flexible and resourceful, and exercise
professionalism and discretion in working with confidential
The role is preferably based in Washington, DC, but could be
fully remote for the right candidate. Range for offers:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting in the management of duplicate
records in Luminate and RE NXT/ Raiser’s Edge, including
identifying potential duplicates and merging records in both
- Lead for data entry of new constituent biographical
information, including attributes, relationships, actions, and
notes into Raiser’s Edge.
- Serves as team back-up for daily online gift import
- Assist with large data pulls for the Direct Response program as
well as Raiser’s Edge queries, imports, exports, and reporting, as
- Responsible for daily quality control review and clean-up.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly NCOA updates to the
- Supports large scale data hygiene projects, and Donor
Operations team functions, including offline gift entry on an
- Partner with colleagues to support Share Our Strength's work to
be a diverse and inclusive organization, and ensuring this value is
embedded in the organization and throughout our work.
- Perform other administrative assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required, HS Diploma/GED
required, plus 1-2 years’ experience in non-profit or other office
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with a fundraising
database – Raiser’s Edge proficiency a plus.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle differing projects
and priorities while coordinating workflow in a deadline-driven and
- Must be proactive and a self-starter, with excellent
problem-solving and implementation skills.
- Excellent information management and organizational skills,
with great attention to detail.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively and to work well as a
member of a team.
- Very strong interpersonal and communications (including verbal
and written) skills and cultural competencies, underscored by
strong emotional intelligence.
- Integrity and discretion, and a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated interest in anti-hunger and anti-poverty
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of
backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our
history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to
bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work
together to find and implement solutions to end hunger and poverty
in the U.S. and abroad. We each come to Share Our Strength with a
unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing
results. This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity
in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is
highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and
collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the
organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths,
we are all working toward ensuring that every individual can live a
healthy and productive life.