LSUA Foundation President
Professional / Unclassified
LSU - Alexandria
Provide executive leadership to the
LSUA Foundation(“Foundation”) and its Board of Directors
(“Board”) to lead the Foundation into the future. The successful
candidate will work with and support the Board and lead the
Foundation team in a culture of mutual respect and teamwork while
ensuring performance at the highest levels. The President will
provide strategic leadership to the Foundation in a rapidly
changing higher education and economic landscape. Adaptability will
be a key attribute to insure successful implementation of the
following key metrics:
- Fundraising − Work closely with the Board, LSUA Chancellor,
LSUA Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Generals Athletic Association
Board and Alexandria Museum of Art Board on fundraising strategies,
and interact with high level donors and prospects. There is a
high expectation for leadership and success in annual fundraising
activities as well as major fundraising campaigns important to the
- Supervise and provide development opportunities for all
Foundation staff members.
- Work with the Foundation staff and Board to provide for the
continued financial stability of LSUA and the Foundation.
- Relationship building − Create strong, collaborative
relationships with the Chancellor, SLT, Deans, donors and boards to
increase their involvement and effectiveness in fundraising,
- Maintain collaborative, supportive relationships with the heads
of other campus entities engaged in philanthropic activities.
- Represent both the University and Foundation in a broad range
of internal and external constituencies and financial
- Create a culture of philanthropy on the LSUA Campus, working
towards the development & execution of a strong fundraising
strategic plan that involves the Board and LSUA Campus Colleges,
Departments, Auxiliary Unit leadership and campus employees.
- Expect performance evaluation to be based on the successful
execution of the items listed above as well as agreed upon
POSITION EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
- Significant, progressive executive leadership experience.
- 5 years of successful fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated expertise and success in bringing diverse groups
together to attain common goals at the organizational, community
and/or state level.
- Possess mature leadership skills and experience within
the advancement/fundraising enterprise, as well as a
proven capacity to earn confidence and credibility among the board,
University administration, colleagues, staff, volunteers, and
- Excellent communications and writing skills.
- Executive experience in philanthropy, fundraising and capital
campaign planning and execution.
- Have highly tuned listening skills and creative problem-solving
- Ability to understand and translate needs and innovative ideas
from the academic community into engaging, community-based
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) Certification
Master’s degree or equivalent in related field from an
accredited college or university;
- Critical Thinking: Practices objective rather than subjective
modes of reasoning and action.
- Maintains perspective when assessing qualitative and
quantitative information. Appropriately challenges and questions
- Timely Decision Making/Judgment: Demonstrates the ability to
make judicious and effective decisions.
- Must be competent to work remotely and use technology to make
- Emotional Intelligence: Identifies and manages the emotions of
self and the emotions of others.
- Excellent writing skills with an emphasis on writing to
motivate or cause a call to action.
- Relationship Building: Develops, maintains, and strengthens
relationships with others outside of the organization.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- May be required to work extended workdays
- May be required to work occasional evenings, weekends and
- This position requires some travel
This position has supervisory responsibilities and is
responsible for staff performance management and annual performance
Please attach a Resume, a cover letter, 3 letters of
recommendation and unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts
will be required upon hire.
Additional Job Description:
View the position profile here:
The President of the LSUA Foundation will have the primary
responsibility for the overall strategic planning, organization,
leadership and execution of the advancement, development and
fundraising in direct support of LSU of Alexandria through the
Foundation. The President is jointly supervised by the LSUA
Chancellor and the Chair of the LSUA Foundation.
September 30, 2021
Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date
Additional Position Information:
Background Check - An offer of employment
is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background
Benefits - LSU offers outstanding benefits
to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life,
dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts;
retirement options; various leave options; paid holidays; wellness
benefits; tuition exemption for qualified positions; training and
development opportunities; employee discounts; and more!
LSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
LSU believes diversity, equity, and inclusion enrich the
educational experience of our students, faculty, and staff, and are
necessary to prepare all people to thrive personally and
professionally in a global society. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion. We actively
seek and encourage qualified applications from persons with diverse
backgrounds, cultures and experiences. To learn more about how LSU
is committed to diversity and inclusivity, please see
Statement and Roadmap.
Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility
of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact the
Office of Human Resource Management (firstname.lastname@example.org).
HCM Contact Information:
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources
Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu