About the Internet Society
The Internet Society is a global
non-profit organization that works to protect the Internet as a
place of opportunity. We connect and empower communities to ensure
the Internet remains trustworthy—open, globally connected, secure,
and a resource for good in the world. We believe the Internet is
for everyone. But it’s more than just a privilege; it’s our
responsibility to improve it.
The Internet Society mobilizes Internet champions to defend and
promote standards and protocols that grow and strengthen the
If you believe in the power and possibility of the Internet, be
part of our mission.
The Internet Society (ISOC) is committed to a culture of
diversity and inclusion, where all individuals are valued for their
distinct contributions.Our people are the most valuable strengths
we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life
experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression,
unique capabilities, and talent that our staff invests in their
work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our
reputation and ISOC’s achievements.
About the position
The Advocacy Advisor applies a blend of communications and
mobilization skills to create and execute advocacy campaigns that
increase awareness and inspire action on issues that could have a
profound effect on the infrastructure of the Internet.
This person will join our team of project experts to contribute
advocacy and communications expertise to a range of projects to
grow and strengthen the Internet. The ideal candidate is a creative
and strategic thinker, fluent in English and Spanish, with solid
experience in developing and implementing successful advocacy
This is a 2 year employment term.
Location: Latin America & Caribbean (Remote)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps design and implement advocacy campaigns to mobilize
communities of interest in support of project goals.
- Work across projects and departments –including Content and
Marketing Communications –to develop plans and messaging for
mobilization, outreach, and engagement that are aligned with our
highest-priority issue areas.
- Drive the development and execution of project communications
strategies in support of project objectives.
- Collaborate with the Internet Society’s global community of
chapters, members, and partners to achieve the Internet Society
- Commit and support the Internet Society’s mission, values, and
- Work with a globally distributed workforce and work across time
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of experience and/or education in community advocacy,
global campaigns strategy, or public relations
- Experience working in the non-profit, technology and/or
international relations sectors preferred
- Fluency in English and Spanish are required. Translation skills
- Strong Cross-channel communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, presentation and oral
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage
multiple projects at once
- Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative,
and global team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to interact positively
in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Commitment to the Internet Society’s mission, values and
- Ability to travel when travel resumes
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be
competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s
qualifications. Applications will be evaluated until the
position has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted
publicly and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the
The Internet Society is an equal opportunity
employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made
without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national
origin, color or any other protected class.