Glimmer is hiring a full-time development manager at our office
in Austin, Texas. We are seeking someone who is a self-starter and
effective communicator to be a part of our fundraising and
communications team. The ideal candidate has five or more years of
experience in fundraising, communications and/or client management.
Glimmer is an international nonprofit that is working to end the
cycle of extreme poverty in rural Ethiopia. For more information,
- Lead the development of grant proposals and reports.
- Inform and implement fundraising strategies.
- Potential to serve as manager of donor accounts based on
progression of fundraising.
- Develop and manage major content pieces, including fundraising
package, monitoring and evaluation reports, individual donor
reports, blog posts, etc. Synthesize programmatic information and
data into clear, concise content.
- Closely collaborate with communications and programs staff in
Austin and Ethiopia to ensure alignment and effective information
sharing. Manage designers and other contractors (experience with
design software a bonus).
- Proactively identify opportunities to expand the organization’s
- Conduct and oversee research projects to inform our fundraising
and program strategies.
- Experience: At least five years of
relevant work experience required.
- Background in nonprofit development, client/donor management,
or other fundraising role required; experience with individual or
institutional donors, major gifts and/or grant writing
- Experience managing staff and experience in cross-cultural
- Strategic planner: To be successful, this
position requires the ability to think critically about the best
ways to reach our team’s and organization’s goals.
- Strong project management ability: The
communications and development manager will effectively manage
projects and people within and outside of the communications team.
The ability to constantly prioritize, produce high-quality work and
meet deadlines is necessary to be successful in this position.
- Effective writer: Organized and clear
writing ability is required. Must be able to develop clear,
detailed reports on programmatic impact and compelling stories and
- Collaborative: Glimmer staff members like
working on teams with diverse backgrounds to create better outcomes
than can be achieved alone.
- Discerning: This role must understand how
to prioritize high-return activities, manage competing priorities
and find ways to simplify tasks that drain resources.
- Creative thinker: The communications and
development manager will consistently develop creative ideas for
sharing Glimmer’s approach and impact with various audiences.
This position will also provide the opportunity to work on other
special initiatives and projects in support of our fundraising
objectives and potentially travel to Ethiopia.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING:
- Exposure to the people and places of Ethiopia, by being a part
of the life-changing work that we do.
- A committed and dedicated team that works hard but also takes
time to recharge.
- A hybrid work arrangement with access to Glimmer’s offices as
- 4+ weeks of paid time off.
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary.
- Employer-sponsored health, dental, vision, disability and life
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA available.
- Voluntary benefit programs including holiday savings, identify
theft protection, voluntary life insurance, hospital and critical
illness insurance, and pet insurance.
- Access to an employer-sponsored Employee Assistance
This is a full-time, salaried position based in Austin, Texas,
though it will be temporarily remote due to Covid-19. Please submit
a resume, a one-page cover letter that explains why this position
is an ideal fit for your background, and your salary requirements
No calls, please. Applicants who do not meet these requirements
will not be considered.