Development and Events Manager
The Development and Events Manager oversees all
aspects of development and fundraising for FAMILY PROMISE. This
position is responsible for maintaining and increasing funding
streams from private and corporate donors and transforming a
relatively new development program into a system that can grow
along with FAMILY PROMISE and help us maximize our impact and
achieve our mission of ending family homelessness.
Hours: Full time Salary: $50,000 +
benefits Reports to: Executive
Primary responsibilities include:
● Work with the Executive Director to create an
annual fundraising and engagement plan with achievable goals and
● Oversee marketing and communications for all
development initiatives in collaboration with the Executive
● Organize new and existing signature fundraising
events. Lead and manage logistics for all recognition events
● Produce all development materials (including
copy and design), working closely with staff to ensure consistent
branding, for fundraising (e.g., sponsorship and underwriting
opportunities, major gifts, planned gifts, multi-year gifts, annual
reports, annual appeals, and capital campaigns).
● Provide reports to the Executive Director and
Board of Directors on key performance indicators.
● Recruit and supervise members of the
development team including interns, volunteers and potentially paid
staff, dependent on growth of the program
● Identify and build relationships with new and
● Manage systems and software, including our
donor database (FP Force based on Salesforce), to track and
cultivate donors and prospects.
• Attend networking events throughout the
● Coordinate all corporate and individual
participation in donation drives.
● A passion for helping families with children,
as they work to stabilize their lives.
● Attention to detail, follow-through, and
ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and prioritize
tasks are critical skills for this position.
● Experience organizing all aspects of
● Motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial
drive and creative disposition to build a fundraising
● Superior organizational and communication
skills (written & oral).
● Ability to interact with all persons in a
● Experience in using social media and websites
effectively in the context of donor development.
● Availability to work evenings, weekends, and
some holidays as needed.
● Three to five years of experience in nonprofit
development, and a proven track record of helping people meet their
philanthropic goals by partnering with mission-driven nonprofit
● Experience organizing fundraising events of
● Experience working and interacting with boards,
committees, and community leaders.
Physical demands :
Light physical demands such as working on the
computer and phone; driving to appointments and events; lifting
light equipment/materials; and occasionally working long days,
nights or weekends.
Culture and Benefits:
FAMILY PROMISE is a small but mighty organization
that has experienced exponential growth over the last five years.
All of our programs – rental assistance, permanent housing,
emergency shelter, volunteers, and more – work to help families
with children establish stable housing. Our team is built upon
flexibility and pitching in to support other members of our team
when needed. The five key elements of Family Promise are: shelter,
prevention, stabilization, community, and promise. Our company
culture is built upon hospitality, empathy and empowerment for our
guests. We are working to end childhood homelessness, and are
looking for a Development and Events Manager who can help us become
the leading housing solutions provider in the region. FAMILY
PROMISE offers health insurance to all of our full-time team
members, and opportunities to make your work schedule fit your
Family Promise of Gainesville complies with state
and federal nondiscrimination laws and policies that prohibit
discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin,
race, religion, or gender identity.
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references
calls please. All applications due by November 1, 2021.