The Social Media Manager (SMM) role will be responsible for
leveraging social media and other digital channels to engage the
supporter base and amplify WildAid’s campaign messages in the
United States. Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer (CCO),
the SMM will design, implement, and manage WildAid’s US social
media & digital strategy, including discovery, content, and
promotion. They will define social media best practices,
collaborate with program teams to produce inspirational content,
and work with WildAid’s social media managers in program countries
to optimize global impact.
The ideal candidate will have a background in social media
marketing, campaign design, branding, and performance measurement.
They will be highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and organized
self-starter, that can work independently and as part of a team.
This individual will be inspired by the opportunity to play a
pivotal role in WildAid’s efforts to end the illegal wildlife
- Develop and execute a strategy to expand WildAid’s United
States presence on social media and other digital channels (e.g.
blog, website, email)
- Identify target audiences and preferred platforms (e.g.
LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, website, blog, newsletter, email,
- Develop a content strategy and, along with program teams,
create engaging digital content (videos, images, stories, hashtags,
infographics, blog posts, newsletters, etc.)
- Manage distribution of content across all relevant social and
- Create and implement a content promotion plan, including
promotion by WildAid’s Ambassadors & Staff, paid promotion, and
other promotion mechanisms
- Manage all aspects of the social and digital channels including
live events, communities, comments, messages, mentions, creator
- Monitor and report campaign metrics, traffic sources,
audiences, user journey etc.
- Develop social media toolkits to be leveraged by regional
- Work with the Development team to design and coordinate
specific content for fundraising, development, and corporate &
- Oversee the day-to-day work of volunteers, interns, and vendors
to assist on social media on an as-needed basis
- Manage and maintain all digital properties
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in social media and digital
marketing in a fast-paced organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and
collaborate with staff, volunteers, and pro bono partners
- Proficiency with social media management tools (e.g. Sprout,
- Experience with Google analytics, brand monitoring tools (e.g.
Meltwater), and general campaign analytics
- Experience designing, monitoring, and optimizing paid
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Competency in website design (HTML, WordPress, etc.)
- Knowledge of SEO and keyword research tools
- Graphic design and photo editing skills
Remote position. Availability to work Pacific Time hours
required. Potential to have a hybrid model if based in SF Bay