Hayward Twin Oaks Montessori School is seeking a professional
with strong relationship, writing, and organizational skills to
serve as a Capital Campaign Consultant. Hayward Twin Oaks is
currently combining two schools (Golden Oak Montessori and Silver
Oak High School) into a single public entity, Hayward Twin Oaks
Montessori. Hayward Twin Oaks is planning a two-phased $12M capital
campaign to build a unified campus by July 2024.
The Capital Campaign Consultant is responsible for organizing,
managing and executing a vigorous, coherent and well-planned
capital campaign, to be supported by a mix of private and public
funding sources and financing. The position will work closely with
staff leadership as well as HTOM Governing and Foundation Boards of
Directors to assess fundraising opportunities and creatively
strategize key prospect cultivation plans.
The Capital Campaign Consultant will be responsible for
implementing a detailed, strategic Capital Campaign Operating Plan
that has been developed to support the campaign. The position will
be both internally and externally focused and will require strong
strategic and planning skills as well as the ability to cultivate
and solicit gifts from potential donors. This is a fixed-term,
independent contract position that will conclude following the
completion of the Capital Campaign.
- Assume responsibility for implementing the Capital Campaign
- Partner with key stakeholders across leadership staff and
volunteers on campaign strategy and to assess fundraising
- Manage visits and solicitations alone or with other leadership
staff and Board members.
- Create campaign materials that reflect case statement
objectives as outlined in the Capital Campaign Operating Plan.
- Communicate timely updates on goals, progress and success of
the Campaign to staff and volunteer leadership.
- Ensure accurate donor records and database management.
- Appreciation for the mission and core values of Hayward Twin
Oaks Montessori School and a commitment to academic excellence in
Montessori school education.
- At least three years of experience in capital campaign
- Ability to cultivate, solicit, and steward leadership
- Some experience with eTapestry or other donor databases
- Familiarity with Northern California/Bay Area community.
- Collaborative skills to work effectively with the
Superintendent, Board, staff and volunteers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exhibit good
judgment in making decisions.
- An effective communicator who is enthusiastic, articulate and
- Ability to speak English, and Spanish preferred.
The Capital Campaign Consultant is a fixed-term, independent
contractor position. We offer competitive compensation based on an
annual nonprofit survey of similarly sized arts, culture and
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, proposed fee structure
and three references to:
Hayward Twin Oaks Montessori School
22100 Princeton Street
Hayward, CA 94541